“Good Steak - Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Chico, California
“Good Steak - Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

6 of us ate here on a Monday evening as part of a busines trip. The food was very good. Portions were larger than most of us needed. Steaks were cooked as ordered. Someone had the ribs and they were tender and with good flavor. So if you are in the Selma area, I recommend giving it a try if you are in the mood for a steak. Sure beats driving all the way back into Fresno.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Steak - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We love this place. The food is always good, there is plenty of it - that's for sure, and the service is earnest. Sometimes it seems like the entire city of Selma shows up at once to eat, and it puts a strain on the staff, but they have a good system, and it works out. Excellent value for the dollar, although the bar does pour a little on the exact side - I like a good 6 count pour!

Kingsburg, California
“Beware a week-end visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoy the food and service often--just not on a Friday or Saturday night. The food is usually excellent, but on a recent Saturday night, it was disappointing. The staff was too busy to give good service & they actually said they had run out of glasses & silverware, so the wait between courses was long. We saw several people with clip-boards continually making notes--they should have brought water refills instead! Go on a week night & you should have a better experience.

Visited February 2013
Fresno, California
“Terrible service & Cold steaks !!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This place was recommended by a friend who spoke highly about it .. So I booked a party of 10 for my husbands birthday it was a disaster ! They gave us a very small table and when we asked for a bigger one the server immediately said they can not accomodate it sorry she didn't even walk away to ask her mind was already set ... It wasn't until we complained a little about elbow room did she come back & say ok we can add a table! Overall our server who I think was named Bernadette was rude, inexperienced with large parties & didn't seem to enjoy accommodating us. Then she was "confused" and assumed we hadn't paid our bar bill and accusingly asked if we used a different name over there! I was very upset that I had to get up from our dinner party to clear up the mistake!

Finally we ordered and honestly the food was just OK! Nothing to write home about I was really mad when I asked for very well done NO pink on my steak & guess what half if my steak was pink ! Gross I hardly ate!! My husband said his steak was cold !

We dropped $90 just between the two of us & we had 10 in our party so you figure we spent altogether almost $500 on dinner & drinks and the service SUCKED!!!

I will not go back & if I could be compensated for my night I would gladly accept my money back in a heartbeat so that I could take my husband to Yosemite ranch for good service & HOT food!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“BEST STEAK EVER”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

restaurant is styled in a western motif. Service is good. I like that there's a second server that brings drink refills around every so often. All meals come with all you can eat green salad and hot freshly baked bread. But the steak is to die for. Never have I eaten one so tasty. I had every cut they offer. Porterhouse is the best. T bone is great and on nights when I don't want to pay for the fancy cuts. I have the Petes special. Oh it's so good. I love a side of sauted mushrooms on the side too. Sorry I can't say anything about the desserts. I'm always too full to have some. There is no cash register so you pay the waiter. Remember never use your ATM card. Pay with cash or credit. Me and my family really love eating here. You will too

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere