“One Month Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Selma/Fresno Area

Super 8 Selma/Fresno Area
You added Super 8 Selma/Fresno Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Selma/Fresno Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3142 South Highland Ave, Hwy 99 at Floral Ave, Selma, CA 93662-2607   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Selma
PISMO BEACH
“One Month Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This property experience is made possible by "Andrew". Andrew is the Front Desk Manager. He does the best he can with what he has. He is attentive, and really understands the guests. The property is in Selma,CA, The Raisin capitol of the world. For my needs it is perfect. It is NOT "The Ritz"....know that going in !!! It would be nice if the AC was a little quieter. For the $$$$, it is "OK"
PM. ..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

This is our second time staying here... The price was reasonable and the was very helpful and friendly. We plan on staying here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Clean, good bed (pillows not so much), extremely helpful and friendly staff. Great value for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Selma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Was just feeling like getting away for a night, I'am local so this is why i say "get away." Only planned staying one ended up staying like a week. Let me say that i was quick to feel welcomed by the employees. Prices were very reasonable which was the main part. Room service is great there pretty much at your service as soon as you ask. Both front desk clerks Susan and Andrew are very friendly.talking with them or asking for assistance almost felt like i known them for years. Over all had a great stay thanks. Hope this helps whoever it may concern.

Room Tip: ask to see the room before you rent it. that always helps.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Selma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I know people are so quick to complain but what about compliment, its just as in important. My compliments go to the night clerk at the Selma super 8 who by reading her name tag is Susana. I showed up at 3am after moving out of my apt, only to be welcomed by a person who was clearly awakened from her sleep by the bell. Never the less if it wasn't for the hour and her sleeping eyes u wouldn't know. She is the definition of service with a smile, not only did she welcome me and made me feel like she was happy i chose this place she was very reassuring in letting me know if i needed anything just let her know. I know i personally would have rushed through to go back to bed ,but not her she was very nice accurate and prompt. Business is business her job comes first and i respect a person like that . If u are ever in the Selma area stop by so you could be reminded what the good old fashion meaning of good customer service feels like. thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I was in the Fresno area for a friends post-grad commencement ceremonies. After a five hour drive from LA I was ready to check in and relax. I only stayed at this hotel because our friends were staying here, too. They said it was nicer than the one in Fresno.

Upon check in the man at the front desk was not very friendly. I arrived with three others ready to check in, too. When I told him my name he looked up my reservation and began saying, "No!No! You said your reservation was only for two people!" and started on about how I'd have to pay extra for the other three people standing with us or would have to pay for another room. I waited for him to finish his rant before being able to tell him it was just me and my son and these other people were not staying in our room. They had their own reservation.

I hauled our bags up to the 2nd floor. If I had known there was no elevator I would have asked for a 1st floor room, as we had a lot of luggage. Once we got to the room it had a strange odor. Almost like commercial deodorizer trying to cover up a smell. My room was 87 degrees when I walked in. They knew we were coming, but didn't turn on the AC so it wouldn't be hot. I had to leave the room while the AC ran at full blast to cool it down. I'm not one to complain unless something is a big deal, and nothing was awful enough to warrant a room change.

I called the front desk to ask about the wireless password, as they did not tell me upon check in, and where to get towels for the pool. I was told to pick up the towels at the front desk. We went to the pool, which at a glance seemed clean enough. It wasn't too bad. It needed to be skimmed because there were a good bit of dead bugs and leaves, but no big deal. What was a big deal were the wasps flying around. Only a few at first, but as the sun lowered in the sky they came out of the woodwork. We decided to go in and play it safe. I mentioned it to the front desk, who said there was nothing they could do about it and that's how it was in this area because of the farms. Yeah, ok.

So I went back to the room which had cooled to about 82 degrees at this point. The smell wasn't as noticeable. I began to put our things away and noticed there was old food on top of the refrigerator that hadn't been wiped. The whole surface had old food splatter on it. I just didn't touch it and avoided that area. At that point I didn't want to move to another hot room.

We went out to dinner with our friends and their family at a place close by. When we got back the room was much more comfortable. We were exhausted and ready to go to sleep. The bed was very old and extremely uncomfortable. To top it all off a loud train went by late at night several times and woke us up.

The next morning we went to try the free breakfast. I have stayed at many hotels with the make your own waffle deal. I asked for the non-stick spray for the waffle iron and was told it had already been sprayed. I made a waffle for my son and it stuck to the iron. Shocker! I had to scrape it off the best I could. We took it back to our room and my son said it didn't taste good. I tried it and he was right. The waffle tasted sour. Luckily there is a fast food restaurant right next to the hotel, so we walked there to get food.

One positive thing I can share is that when we were leaving our room, and nice lady from housekeeping saw us struggling with our luggage, and helped us carry it downstairs. Other than that is was just a so so stay. Not worth the room rate for all the inconvenience that came with it. If I ever go to Selma again, I think I will try another property.

Room Tip: Ask for the AC to be turned on prior to arrival.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have business to attened to every week or so and this is my only pace I will stay. The rooms are clean. Very Clean. Andrew and Susan are very friendly and they make me feel welcomed. I also like the coffe and waffles. Thanks Super 8 Selma. I'll be back again.

Room Tip: lots of places to eat in the area
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Selma/Fresno Area? Share your experiences!