“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Selma
Costa Mesa, California, United States
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is my home away from home.I have stayed in many hotels in the central coast. Clean rooms,free breakfast and friendly service keep me comin back. . Thank you Sasha for putting up with us... : )

Room Tip: Non Smoking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here a few days while attending a local sporting event in Kingsburg down the freeway 15 min away. Lots of gas and fast food nearby with a Panda Express that opens late in the parking lot. Also a Walgreens in front and Ronald McD across the street.
Rooms are basic and clean. Cheap soap and shampoo with thinning towels caused me to frown but overall for under $100 it was ok. A basic free breakfast with coffee, OJ, milk, waffles, Danish, Eng Muffins, toast, cereal, banana, hard boiled eggs, etc. Biz center, few exercise machines, and pool.

• Stayed June 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days and if we hadn't prepayed for the room we would've left. The owners were flat out rude. They complained when I asked for more towels and demanded I return ones that weren't used. Hello I have two kids in my room of course I needed more towels that were provided. After arguing for ten minutes with a rude older lady her younger daughter apologized and gave us more. Every day when we would return to our room our key would never work. And continental breakfast. Yeah I would call it left overs from the day before. Awful owners and terrible rooms. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

Westfield, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The appearance of the building sure was impressive, as was the foyer and corridores but once you got into your room, it went downhill. This place does just enough to get by. The room had no easy chair just some hard dining room type chair, and the tv needed adjusting. When I went to the fitness area I got on the elliptical and thought I was on the bull ride at Gilley's. I endured the evening and went to breakfast in the morning and was greatly disappointed and went accross the street to McD's. Great place to not visit.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Not the nicest best western I have been to . My review is based on one stay & one room . Very close to eating places - walking distance . Furnishing were meager . Room was lacking basics . Furnishings seemed cheap . No clock or alarm , which is important to me , maybe that is why I was asked if I wanted a wake-up call . Now I like to see people working , at least to be greeted . No one behind desk , if you want service you have to ring a buzzer & someone will come out from behind a door . Checkout , again strange , there is a little basket on counter for you to leave your key . Continental breakfast was so so . Anything lacking - ring buzzer and attendant will see what needs tending to . Atmosphere was poor , including myself . You ate & wanted to leave in a hurry . People seem to be chatty around breakfast time , but not here . I rate this place as just a place to sleep , not a memorable experience .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Typical BWern. The wireless internet is non existent. Not part of the deal. They said wireless and it is not here.
I tried numerous times to get it to work to no avail.
Had to get a cable from the front desk. There are alot of hotels around here, if you need to use your computer, choose elsewhere.
Very frustrating

Room Tip: bring a long internet cable
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I am not a big fan of this Best Western. They charged me about 15% more than my usual Best Western rate and gave me a room with two beds,one without a headboard. The breakfast was hardly that, just some muffins and danishes. We were glad we were only in that area working for a single night and could find another better motel in another city. A few days later I find this motel put 3 charges on my debit card for the single night rate. When I called, nobody could help me saying I would get called back. Three days later I am writing this review and never did get called back. I filed a fraud dispute with my bank and will eventually get my money back, but who likes getting money taken because of careless or crooked motel staff. Avoid this place if you can, I warn you.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!