“a stay in paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sebastopol
montreal
“a stay in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating out 20 year anniversary. I gave her the unenviable task of pouring through hotel reviews, options, prices, etc. Somehow, after all that work, she stumbled across this gem. I must confess that I was very nervous when we got there, and found out that it is only a one room inn. I didn't think we'd make it to our 21st anniversary.
We were met by Greg Pearl, and his wife Linda, who welcomed us and offered to help us with the luggage. we walked to our room, and once opening the French doors, were overwhelmed with beauty. Every item there was well thought out, and seemed to be purchased with love. If I were to move my house, I would do it exactly like they did. Heated slate floors, heated beds, the most incredibly soft bed linens and towels. It was fantastic. Gourmet coffee beans that we grind in a grinder, and make in a press. everything is fresh and clean. the fridge was stocked with sodas and water, as well as fresh milk and cream for the coffee. also supplied is a basket of goodies with teas, hot chocolate, granola bars, and some other things.
If you are looking for a scenic and romantic stay, then this is the place. beautiful gardens with a firepit, pond, and of course, their own private vineyard which is 8 feet away from our window.
They really thought of everything, and were hospitable and gracious hosts. daily homemade breakfast was outstanding, and delivered to our room daily, at whatever time we asked. there were always little flowers and herbs decorating the meals, and it was all the little things that they would do for us.
Thanks again for an amazing stay, and we hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Only one room. :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Extremely accommodating with everything from arrival time to strict foods allergies, and a wonderful wine and cheese tasting on top of that. Quiet, private room close to everything yet remote and secluded.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Before my husband and I arrived at the Pearlessence Vineyard Inn, I was confident that our weekend was going to be special...no...different from any other vacation we've ever experienced. How often does the owner of a Bed and Breakfast take the time to discuss a guest's needs BEFORE the guest arrives?

Beginning with my first phone conversation with Linda, the owner, I was enveloped with the same warmth and graciousness that wrapped us like a comfy blanket during our entire stay at the Pearlessence Inn.

Upon our arrival, my husband and I were greeted as old friends the minute Linda and Greg (Linda's husband) greeted us at their door. We were taken to the one guest room on the premises and immediately overwhelmed by the upscale amenities that awaited us. No detail has gone unnoticed by the Pearls. From the comfy heated king bed to the heated slate floors, it is obvious the room is designed to offer the perfect balance of luxury and comfort.

The large bathroom is filled with everything a guest needs such as a basket filled with toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, dental floss, q-tips, etc.) in case you forget something, local brand Sumbody soaps, shampoo, conditioner and blow dryer. We loved the shower with the rainfall shower head and felt spoiled by SOFTEST towels we've ever wrapped our bodies in.

Guests will find a well-stocked refrigerator filled with complimentary water, sodas, milk and cream. The milk and cream are for the french press coffee maker and/or tea provided in the room. Nestled in a basket you will find packets of cocoa, granola bars and dried fruit. There is also a sink with an instant hot water faucet to make coffee and tea.

If you decide to bring in dinner, there is a 2 person table along with plates, napkins, wine glasses, water glasses, mugs, salt, pepper, sugar. You may also eat at the table that is on your own private deck outside the room.

The room comes with a wall-mounted flat screened t.v., dvd player, sleeper sofa, iron, ironing board, extra blanket, plenty of pillows, portable fan, umbrellas and bathrobes. There is a good sized closet with hangers.

On our first night, Linda and Greg invited us to sit with them on their deck to enjoy glasses of wine made with grapes from their own vineyard. They served us each a plate of local cheeses, honey, fruit and nuts. Even more appetizing was the enjoyable conversation we had with the lovely couple.

On Saturday evening, a fire was built for us so we could sit and enjoy the stars and quiet of the evening. A blanket was provided along with the ingredients to make s'mores.

Each morning, breakfast was brought in baskets to our room at the time WE chose. No hour was too early nor too late for our gracious hosts.

The first morning we were served a delicious artichoke fritatta, fresh fruit, homemade scones, coffee, tea and juice. The second morning, we dined on amazing orange french toast, fresh fruit and gourmet sausage, coffee and tea. We felt like we were eating breakfast at an expensive restaurant.

The property is beautiful and practically forces you to sit back and relax. It was exactly what my husband and I needed.

The Pearls are the perfect hosts. They love what they do and it shows in every aspect of the Pearlessence. When coming to the Sebastopol area, a stay here is a MUST and I can confidently say that we will return again and again.

If you read this Linda and Greg...THANK YOU for being the people you are. You are truly "pearls" in this world.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Linda and Greg are consummate hosts which shows in everything at their Pearlessence Vineyard Inn in Sebastipol, CA! They only had one guest room when we stayed at their lovely B&B, but their approach to innkeeping is so professional and yet so very warm and welcoming, that you feel comfortable at once. The Ginkgo Room is very spacious and virtually no detail has been overlooked. Breakfast was delivered every morning to us and it was fantastic! We also had excellent coffee in a French press pot. We enjoyed our view of the gardens, vineyard, and pond from our private deck. The sunsets were astounding. We only hope that we'll be able to return again soon and experience more of the Pearl's hospitality. This is a top notch B&B that is a hidden gem!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Pismo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

I found this place by accident. I had to go to a conference in Sonoma and it just so happened that the world premier of the Bon Jovi documentary was going to be showing on Showtime. I thought it would not be a problem to find a hotel in the area with Showtime, but I was wrong. I searched and searched and was just about to give up. Then I found Pearlessence Vineyard Inn. Greg and Linda were so nice and the place is beautiful. They arranged a wonderful wine and cheese reception for me and my other Bon Jovi crazy friend. Greg even set the timer on the tv so I would not miss the show. We felt like we were in a luxury hotel room. The room is very large and has a private entrance. There is a deck with a lovely view of the vineyards. They deliver the most delicious breakfast to your doorstep in the morning. The artichoke frittata was so delicious that I asked them to email me the recipe. If you are heading to wine country, this is a great place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Pearlessence Vineyard Inn? Share your experiences!