We stayed here for two nights in early November while visiting the Monterey area. There is easy access and spotted the hotel from Highway 1. Checked in on October 31st, the young lady at the front desk was dressed for Halloween and they also had trick-or-treat goodies. I was acknowledged as a platinum member and received a nice goodie bag.
Received a room on the 5th floor facing the highway but up high enough to see the bay, there was also a nice view of a small lake in front with a number of birds on it. The room was a lot quieter than I was expecting and although I would prefer an indoor hallway the outdoor was fine.
Nice rooms and a good size too.
Typical HI Xpress breakfast which was fine but it was quite busy on the weekend. It appeared that there was a family reunion and some of the folks, who were not staying there, came over for the free breakfast, not very nice of them.
A very convenient location, close to the wharf, cannery row, Carmel, Pebble beach, just great. We went on a terrific whale watching tour with ‘Monterey Bay Whale Watch’ and saw between 25 – 30 gray whales, killer whales, porpoises, sea lions, otters; simply amazing. We were out for over 4 hours, it seemed that every time we started to head in we would stop to watch another pod of whales feeding and close to the dock turned around to follow the porpoises.
All staff are very friendly and if you are going to the Monterey area this is a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express - Monterey Bay (Del Monte Beach Area), CA. We are conveniently located off Hwy 1, just 2 blocks from the beach where you can enjoy a leisurely walk along Monterey's gorgeous coastline. We are at the gateway to the area's most popular attractions only 2 miles north of Monterey's Fisherman's Wharf, 3 miles north of Cannery Row, the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium, and minutes from world-class golf at Pebble Beach. Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway is just a short 4 miles from our front door. The quaint seaside town of Carmel-by-the-Sea is a must see, and just 7 miles south via Hwy 1. After a day of exploring the Monterey Peninsula, return to our friendly hotel and relax. We offer 143, 100% non-smoking comfortable newly designed guestrooms and an outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. You may also enjoy an invigorating work out in our on-site fitness center. Join us each morning for our Complimentary Express Start HOT Breakfast Bar featuring scrambled eggs or cheese omelettes, bacon, sausage, or sausauge gravy and biscuits with our hot cinnamon rolls and over 20 other items. / Check your email or go online on your laptop with our free wireless internet access. We are Committed to Extraordinary Service Assuring Satisfaction & a good night rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay Hotel Seaside
- Holiday Inn Seaside
- Holiday Inn Express Seaside
- Holiday Inn Monterey Bay