“Not as good as previous visits” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 81 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: Mexican
Lafayette, California
“Not as good as previous visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have enjoyed meals here in the past. We almost went to their "sister restaurant" next door, but decided to eat here. Am disappointed we made this choice. The waitress was great. She said "Would you like some chips and salsa?" The 8 chips were large on the top and underneath they were "little bits". They did not taste very fresh. Ordered the seafood combo bowl and the artichoke and shrimp bowl (special). The seafood, we were told, was crab, shrimp and scallops. The crab was imitation and shredded. The shrimp and scallops were very tiny. The meal was just "ok". We got the bill and discovered that we were charged for the chips. The guests at the next table had a bowl full of all large chips. I mentioned that "we were served broken chip bits" and twice, the waitress acted surprised. We feel like we were given the "bottom of the barrel" on purpose~ that we wouldn't care. I stated that since we were charged for the chips, that we had to bring this disappointment to the restaurant's attention. The waitress finally offered us a wrapped turtle brownie "to go". This restaurant will not be our "first choice" during our next trip to Seaside.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Paradise California
“Great Beans!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I got the grilled vegie taco and it was excellent. My daughter loves the grilled shrimp taco. Salsa are great they have several of them. However, it is their black bean puree that makes this place stand out!

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Great food, sweet service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First off, we ate dinner at the Seaside location. We did not order from the lunch/take out menu. This was a sitdown dinner with wine. The photo they show here is from the Monterey location, not from the Seaside location.

We loved the food here so much we went two nights in the row. Amazing seafood. The calamari steak is to die for. The waitstaff is very sweet and helpful. We sat one night in the dining room and one night in the front area -- both were just fine. Place must be popular because when we were there on Saturday there was a line out the door. Be adventureous and try the clamari steak -- you will not be disappointed. Can't wait to come back again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monterey, CA
“Great Mexican Food at a decent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I love their fish tacos and Baja chicken wraps. There are two locations..one in Monterey near the Sports Center and the other on Fremont in Seaside.Sometimes their menus vary from place to place. Either place is good.

Monterey, California
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Not that great but not terrible either. I ordered take-out one afternoon. the place was empty, but I still waited a bit for the person at the counter to address me. There was another person there who just ignored me. I don't think I'll go back now that I've found Michael's Taqueria in PG. But I was new to the area at the time and it seemed promising. You would think that in an area with a large Mexican population that they could do a little better.

• Visited August 2012