This hotel was a wonderful find - do stay here!
My wife and I stayed here Dec.30, 2011 - and were happily surprised how nice and quaint is this simple hotel. We have traveled a lot ovet the years, and while for $45.88 (taxes included) for the night will not get you a 5-star hotel., it will get you a real value for your money. Specifically in these categories:
1) CLEANLINESS - it was very clean and surprisingly well kept for what would be a 1960s vintage property. We stayed in Room#10; there are about 20 rooms total. ALL rooms are NON-Smoking, NON-Pets, so there were NO ODORS to contend with.
2) APPEARANCES - both inside the room (beamed high ceilings, clean rugs and tile bathroom, nice wallpaper, etc), and outside (amazing flowers and bushes, even for late December - very picturesque!), were a treat for the eyes. Cozy and cute.
3) FUNCTIONALITY - everything worked: refrigerator, toilet, shower, TV w/remote control, free WiFi, lights, heater (it was too cool to use the air conditioner so can not speak to that), everyhing as it should be.
4) COMFORT and AMENITIES - the bed, pillows, blankets, etc., were clean and very comfortable. The only 'negative' comment is that like virtually EVERY hotel of this class, age and type, flat sheetsd (not fitted sheets) are used, so they will have a tendency to slip out during the night if you toss & turn a lot. Bath towels are of the older smaller style, but clean and functional. extra towels are available if you desire them. The FREE continental breakfast included orange juice, regular coffee, hot water for tea, Raisin Bran and Corn Flakes cereal with milk, muffins and simple pastry, though certainly not goumet, all of acceptable quality and taste. Ample safe and convenient parking in front of your room door.
5) PEOPLE and SERVICE - the owners - a delightful couple of Asian/Indian descent - were very friendly and very welcoming. The "Mrs" is a gardening buff, and the property shows it with many wonderful colorful flowers and bushes...and wonderul presentation as you enter the property and enter your room.
The conclusion - a simple, clean, quaint, excellent value for the money. Not only will we come here again for a quick overnight getaway to the Monterey area, but we HIGHLY RECOMMEND it as a place to stay.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.