“Surprisingly good, value for money” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1986 Del Monte Boulevard, Seaside, CA 93955   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaside B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Surprisingly good, value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Its like a hidden little gem. For just $50-60/night, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was clean, well maintained, comfortable and overall exceeded my expectation. There was a mini fridge, microwave, free parking and free Internet wifi which works well. It was a family run inn and the elderly lady running it was very warm and friendly giving this place a homely personal touch. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The staff was very helpful. The room was smaller but very clean. I had one of the best nights sleep of our whole trip. The outside was quaint and immaculate. This was a great place to stay for our short visit to Monterey, affordable and delightful. We would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is an excellent motel for the price. super cheap, clean and minutes from everything. Staff was very polite even when we got there at midnight looking for a place to stay.......We got a room at last minute when we stopped in Monterey on our honey moon. Was very happy here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I found the accommodations at the Seaside Inn quite comfortable at a very nice price. The proprietor was extremely friendly and accommodating with our requests for dining suggestions, shopping needs, aquarium tickets, etc. She directed us across the street to a perfect spot among the dunes to watch a breathtaking sunset.....my top memory of the whole trip! Yes, the rooms are small, but when we returned from full days of exploring and sightseeing, we were greeted with a neatly made bed and a fully re-stocked bath. A fridge and microwave allowed us to stock up on breakfast/snack items water cutting down on the expense of having to purchase such items while out and about. Though parking was at times a challenge and noisy neighbors talking outside kept us awake awhile one nigh, our overall experience was very positive and we will definitely return to the Seaside Inn on our next visit to Monterey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pacifica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here overnight and totally recommend this little inn. The hostess was very friendly and there was fresh hot coffee and sweet rolls offered in the morning. The room was VERY clean and the sheets crisp. When we discovered we were missing a bath towel, I went to the office and was given one immediately. The granite tile in the shower was gorgeous and shiny. Although the room was small, it had a microwave and a refrigerator as well as a small table with two comfortable chairs in case you wanted to eat there or play cards. The best thing was the location -- close to stores and restaurants, yet it was amazingly quiet during the night. We will definitely stay there next year when we meet for my sister-in-law's annual birthday trip to the area.

Room Tip: A nice quiet place to rest and very reasonable cost for this area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Reviews are all dependent upon price and expectation. I booked directly with the hotel, as I want the money to go to the hotel's overhead and not to some website middleman, and I got a great price during my weekday stay.

For the $55 I paid it was an great value. At this price it met my need for a clean place with wifi.

One can instantly see the owners have put a lot into the property. The bathroom is full of lovely stone. It gives it a bit of an high-end vibe.

The bedding hasn't gotten the same attention, but was acceptable for the price.

I'd prefer better bedding than stone, as it is the bedding that touches my body for 8 hours a night.

For the price you can't beat this. I don't know if my review would be so generous at the weekend prices (double), but for their reasonable weekday rates I can't imagine there is a better option for the budget-minded traveler in the Monterrey Bay area.

Keep in mind it is on a commercial road and it backs a looming Cost Plus World Market. As a place to lay your head while you are exploring the beach and aquarium, this is a great option.

Room Tip: The two queen rooms are much larger than the single queen rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cameron Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. The proprietors were nice but did not know much about the area. Breakfast was nothing but packaged pastries and coffee. It was a nice room but nothing special.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!