“Very good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Seal Beach
rancho cucamonga, United States
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I like staying at the Hiltons hotels because I know they will be clean, safe, and a good price for me. I am on a fixed income so I feel I get more than my money worth. Especially at the Hampton Inns with the free breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Due to construction at our home, we had to find a hotel room for 3 nights with one day's notice. We always love Hampton Inns so we found this one which is nearby our home. We booked one of only 3 rooms available. It was a king suite with a sofa sleeper.

Upon arriving to our room the first evening, we noticed it was kind of stuffy and humid. Oh well, no big deal, we thought. We went to turn the air conditioner on. The wall control/thermostat didn't work so we went to the unit itself. Yay, it does work! We set the thermometer for 75 and went about our showers and getting kids ready for bed. No bar soap, shampoo or anything near the sink. Weird, but whatever.

After the 2nd shower, we realized the bathroom vent was not working. There was no fan. After four showers, you can imagine the amount of moisture in that room. Sofa bed was lumpy and uncomfortable, but the kids tried to make do. Since by then it was way past bedtime we opened a window, tried to ignore the drive thru next door, and tried to go to sleep. Air conditioner didn't seem to be blowing cold air. ?

After a long, hot, sticky night, I decided to beg for another room. No way we could take another night like that one.

Francis at the front desk was super nice and said he could move me to another room that afternoon. Said he'd have maintenance look into that room and see why it was so damp.

So the rest of our trip was uneventful. New room on 4th floor had a working air conditioner and bathroom vent. Whew. I even got to use my little hotel soap and shampoo. Imagine that.

So overall, even though it started out rough, they made it right.....almost. In my opinion, they shouldn't have charged me for that first night. They have a 100% satisfaction policy posted throughout their property that states if you aren't satisfied, you don't pay. If you aren't going to honor the policy, why bother posting it?

Room Tip: Stick to the top floors if possible. Bottom floors may be able to hear people ordering food from De...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Coronado, Calif. USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

For folks on here disappointed because they were expecting a beach resort experience, the very large Navy facility on one side and the Boeing facility on the other should give you a clue. They do alot of business with defense/aerospace people. It also happens to be in one of the nicest small beach towns left in Southern California. Short cab ride to Main street Seal Beach And Los Alamitos marina. Great restaurants and bars. Walt's Wharf, and Joe's Crab Shack. Four Irish pubs on Main street in old town. For couples: The jacuzzi suites are excellent!

• Stayed August 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our king suite was very nice! Clean, spacious, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I liked this hotel much better than the Hilton Anaheim that we just checked out of! Hot breakfast was served every morning and we were happy the coffee was served all day!

Room Tip: We liked the first level as it was close to coffee and smoking outside!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here twice in the last 4 weeks and both times, the experience was negative. Intentionally did not write a review after the first visit. Wanted to give them a second chance before I shared my experiences.

I'm a HH Diamond (million plus member). When I arrived the first time, I asked if I had water in my room. I was "lectured" by the young man at the desk that my HH choices included points, and NOT water, and property's are different, yada yada yada..... and therefore I'm not eligible for a free bottle of water. Really? The case on the counter that says "if you are diamond or gold" please select a free snack and beverage??? And, oh by the way, what does a whole sale bottle of water cost the hotel?? Are not my 100+++ nights per years at HH property's worth $1.29???

First trip, there was no frig in the room, as requested. Second trip, again asked for frig, it was there, but it was not in working order. And, in case you are wondering, when I asked for water on the 2nd trip, I was told I could purchase it from their store. Yes, I did buy the water and, the same plastic case offering FREE snacks and a beverage to diamond and gold members was still out. So much for truth in advertising : )

I do have to go back to the area for business and NO, you will not find me at that Hampton Inn ever again! I suggest a bit of training for the staff members, and enlighten them to what "guest services" means for everyone, not just to a million + points diamond member. Didn't really need the lecture on the ins and outs of the Hilton merit program.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your experience, and if you felt like you were "lectured" about your member’s benefits. That was certainly not our intention. We do our very best to deliver the Hilton Honors benefits, and if our guests are expecting something different than what their profile is set up for, we simply just want them to know that, and not leave them with the impression that we did not deliver what they thought they were supposed to have. As you have mentioned, it is not about such a minimal amount of $1.29. Hilton Honors set up the benefits for their members of different tiers, and at different Hilton properties, from the Waldorf Astoria Brands and ours, the Hampton Brands. We only follow the guidelines provided to us. Hilton Honors can assist you with changing your profile should you choose to pick the option of receiving the snacks instead of the points at Hampton Brands. I will also add the website that has the information about the Hilton Honors Members Benefits. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else I can address for you.
Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I would call this a typical Hampton Inn. It is a newer model so the furnishings are up to date. However I would mention that the carpets on the 3rd floor are showing heavy wear and heavy soiling in serveral traffic areas. Also, the suite chair in my room was uphostered in a lighter color fabric and was heavily soiled, spotted and stained--not a chair I would sit in it was that dirty. The hotel staff are very helpful, friendly and do an excellent job of supporting the guests. Breakfast was the typical good quality and selection Hampton breakfast. Good location for venturing out from.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Found everything to be very good. We had a king suite, excellent, with fridge and microwave. Staff were very pleasant. Room clean everything we needed. Good breakfast that was included, buffet style, hot and cold food, including omlettes and potatoes.
No complaints, location not bad would have been nice to be closer to seal beach but only 5 to 10 minute drive to main street

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach? Share your experiences!