“Nice, Quiet Hotel with Excellent Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members - Save 10%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
Marina del Rey, California
“Nice, Quiet Hotel with Excellent Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went for a quick getaway to Seal Beach and enjoyed staying here. The breakfast was good with lots of variety. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a problem getting a movie in our room, so the hotel switched us to another room and they were very understanding. This hotel is not in walking distance of the quaint town of Seal Beach, you have to drive there. Still it is an excellent value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you choosing Hampton Seal Beach for your quick getaway. I'm happy to hear you had a great experience with us and even more so, for sharing that with your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were booked to stay at the Hotel Maya down by the harbor for three nights, but after one noisy night there, needed to leave and find a better place-fast! I had stayed at this great Hampton Inn a few years ago and was impressed with the quiet and comfort. Well, I'm happy to say that nothing had changed.

Still the same clean, pretty, polite, comfortable (I'm thinking of buying one of their beds), and quiet place it was before.

This move really helped our trip as you can't really enjoy anything with bad sleep, right?

Right. Great place, and we'll be back when we return to the area. Thanks!

Room Tip: They're all good, so book with confidence. Of course, if you can get the top floor, do so, so yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. It is great to know you enjoyed your stay, and that you are a returned guests. We look forward to more future stays with us, and we hope we continue to wow you guys.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for a few days between Christmas and New Year. This is a very clean Hampton Inn located by a little strip mall in what appeared to be an industrial area in Seal Beach. It was right next to a Boeing campus and what appeared t0 be a military secured area.
The breakfast is wonderful and offered a variety of items. The first day we were there, we had the traditional scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes choice. The next day they had a breakfast burrito bar. On both days they had a waffle stations and an assortment of pastries of muffins, bagels, toast, etc..
The rooms were nicely appointed. However, we did not have microwave and refrigerator.
We used this hotel as a base to do some sight seeing in the Long Beach and Redondo Beach area. There was a Denny's just across the lot, along with a Del Taco, a Japanese Sushi Grille fast food.
We paid $122/night which is quite high for the area. I could have gotten a Hilton Hotel in downtown Long Beach for $107. However, this hotel did get better reviews so I opted stay here. Overall, we were happy. The front desk man was not as friendly, he seemed hurried often.
They had cookies out and at one point, my little boy asked me if it was free, and this would have been a good opportunity for the man (younger guy) to offer it when I said out loud that I was not sure. Instead, he just looked at us and continued on with his paper work. He looked up when I decided to help myself and said nothing. I just feel that if you are in the business of hospitality, you could me more hospitable.
Overall, the hotel is clean, very clean in fact. The breakfast is great. The area is convenient but not very "touristy'. I would stay here again if I were on business but would probably opt for another hotel if I was after the beach feel. This area definitely did not have a beach feel like the Hampton Inn website describes for this property.

Room Tip: I would stay here again if I were on business but would probably opt for another hotel if I was afte...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your thoughtful review. I will make sure to address your concern about the Front Desk, and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see back soon!
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This newer Hampton Inn has a nice layout, well appointed rooms for this star level, and is a very good value with a hot breakfast (waffles, oatmeal, full continental assortment, and a rotating hot item) and Internet access included.

The property is in very good condition inside and out. Rooms have a decent sized flat screen TV with a full featured remote. The standard rooms have a full bath (sink, toilet, and shower/bath combo) and a full length mirrored closet.

The location is fine ... just a couple miles from downtown Seal Beach ... in a pretty vacant strip mall, although a thriving Starbucks is across the parking lot. Long Beach and Huntington Beach are just a few minutes away via PCH.

One misstep by the desk clear occurred when we arrived late in the evening to check in. There was a minivan parked at one end of the hotel with the driver's side door opened and no one around. It appeared to have been left open, but could have easily become victim of a burglary if it wasn't already.

When presented with this information, the desk clerk didn't offer any solution other than he'd try to keep an eye on it throughout the night. Knowing that I would want someone to do more if they found my car in a similar circumstance, we called the local PD to come check on it.

So, overall a very good choice if you're looking for a moderate hotel with great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm very happy to know you had a good stay with us. Also, for bringing up the parking lot concern. I will definitely address it with the team. We look forward to your visit with us.
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A little hard to find as the address and the GPS didn't seem to match up quite right, but found it none the less. Friendly staff, nice clean decent room as usual, and a good (free) breakfast in a location that would work well for business or pleasure. Price was right as well, it's a good choice when in the Long Beach/Seal Beach area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope to see you and your family back soon!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great hotel, awesome location. This Hotel is close to the beach, and main street Seal Beach where you have your choice of great bars and restaurants. My wife and I had a great get-away weekend from the kids! and home...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Stephen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Nothing pleases me more than to see such great reviews from our guests. Hope to see you both back, and we'll be more than happy to be accomodate your great get-away weekend anytime!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were traveling for a family reunion and needed a hotel that was family friendly. The hot breakfast was well-stocked and had a great variety of items. There is a Starbucks, Del Taco and Subway in the parking lot so we had other options as well. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Francis was especially helpful when the exit was closed and my GPS froze while on the detour to the hotel. He stayed on the phone with me late at night until we reached the hotel. Also, kudos to the housekeeping staff. I had unknowingly lost a piece of jewelry and the staff placed it on the desk while cleaning our room. I can't thank them enough for being honest! Overall, a great stay.Centrally located. We will definitely stay here again when we return to the Huntington Beach area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I'm glad that we were able to provide you and your family accomodations to your liking and friendly and helpful customer service. I can't wait to share your review with the team. Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach? Share your experiences!