“Consistent commitment to Excellence” 5 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 15% Off!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Redlands, California
“Consistent commitment to Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly because of their commitment to excellence to hospitality, service, comfort, courtesy, cleanliness and so many more reasons. The Ayres Hotel is in Great location and they never disappoint in making every guest comfortable and welcome. A sense of luxury greets you as soon as you enter their property and carries through to their lobby and large rooms and bathes. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All rooms are basically soundproof but poolside and courtyard rooms are especially nice
Green Features: courteous employees in all departments, water saving showers with plenty of pressure for a comfortable shower, eco-friendly amenities and power saver light switches and thermostat controls in each room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Long Beach, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was in Long Beach for 6 nights. I tried several brands of hotels over the course of the first 3 days...all had issues such as thin walls, bad coffee, spendy parking or internet, old rooms, nonfriendly staff and so on.
Finally I decided to try Ayres Hotel, and hoped 4th time would be the charm. It was.
This is a large boutique hotel that really impressed me, despite it not have room service...everything else made up for it.
1) Excellent free breakfast - real eggs mixed with veges or bacon, real potatoes cooked, a chef there making you pancakes or omelettes or whatever else you want. Good coffee. Free.
2) Free parking.
3) Free internet.
4) Beautiful outside patio with water fountains and trees, quiet and relaxing, despite it being right next to the 405.
5) Nice pool and jacuzzi.
6) Fast elevator. This is important. I was running around all of LA for meetings. I hate waiting for slow old elevators to figure things out. The doors opened fast, got me to the top floor fast and downstairs fast.
7) I was upgraded to a 2 room suite because it was a slow week. It was very antique furniture but everything was strong and comfortable, such as the couch and bed.
8) TVs in both rooms, 2 LARGE bathrooms.
9) Balconies were large as well.
10) While in the room, I didn't hear anyone walking by, I didn't hear anyone underneath me walking around in their room, I didn't hear any cars on the freeways or streets. It was like my own little place.
11) Customer service and front desk was very nice. At one point I called down cause I couldn't find a blanket. They brought one to me instantly.
12) In room coffee was bold and strong, and good. (no liquid creamer though, just the powder stuff....eh, okay. I can always go downstairs and bring up some liquid creamers.)
13) Price I paid for this, even if I was given a regular room, was around $150-$180 a night, depending on day of week.
14) Energy cards for turning off and on all the lights in the place. Meaning, instead of me having to turn on a light here and there when leaving and arriving - I could just put a card in the slot, and everything would activate. Nice energy saving option.

Only reason I'm giving 4 stars out of 5, is because I was at a bit of a loss when knowing what to do about food and still don't understand why some hotels refuse to get food for you (that's a money maker right there, but it could be a staffing issue.) Also I didn't know the area so I didn't know who to call or where to order from, etc. But I'm sure the hotel can easily fix that by printing up a piece of paper with restaurants and places that deliver nearby.

Other than those picky things, this was a great place. I travel a lot in Orange Country, I need a place that is reliable and wants to make you happy. I already booked another room there immediately when I come back next month. I probably won't get the 2 room suite since I was given a complimentary upgrade, but their regular King Deluxe rooms look just as fantastic.

Room Tip: 2 room suite is nice, but hard to get.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was a Spring Break trip for my teenager and a friend to visit CA beaches and the Ayres at Seal Beach was a great basecamp for this purpose. The hotel is conveniently located off of the 405. Even with construction, access off and on the 405 was easy. All the staff members were very friendly and helpful and the room (2 queen beds) was very spacious and clean. The free breakfast and free wi-fi were wonderful amenities. And for teenage girls to think this was a very nice hotel means a lot! I had checked out locations and rates of several hotels before deciding on the Ayres and I was very happy with the decision to stay here. It offers a very good value, clean and spacious rooms, and a wonderful staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Ayres Hotel on Seal Beach Blvd for several business trips. It is a very nice hotel, very clean, great breakfasts and nice happy hour. The only area lacking for any business traveler who like to stay fit and healthy is a extremely small exercise room! The treadmill does not incline and only three people can be in the room at the same time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Lubes60,

It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel when you are visiting for business. Thank you for the compliments on the hotel being clean and having an excellent full American breakfast buffet. We are pleased to know that you are also able to enjoy the week night Manager's Reception with complimentary beer, wine, and appetizers. It is always a big hit with our guests. We apologize if the fitness room does not completely satisfy, we will keep your feedback in mind when making improvements to the hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you once more when you are in the area next time.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Parking, Wi-Fi, AND breakfast for 4 included. And the spring special made for a very reasonable price at around $145 tax-in. If you do the math you should see a very good value here. This is no Motel 6 either, the European interior decor is faux but well done if a little french Full hotel but rooms were quiet. Service was excellent - and quick. The hotel is the perfect size in my opinion, small enough that it almost feels like home but large enough to have your anonymity. But yet again, not so large that it take a lot of time to get to breakfast or your room or parking lot etc. either. We had a room on the end so access from the parking lot was superb with the card system. We left early and came 'home' late all week like it was our personal residence. Hotel was great. Try it if you are in the area. Only 'drawback' isn't really a drawback and is more dependant on what you want to do. This particular location was a bit south of many of the destinations we ended up going to in LA but there are other Ayers hotels in the area so what we will do next time is choose one a bit closer to our destinations. LA is a big city with lots of driving, so better even to pay a bit extra to save some time in my view. We started the trip at Ayers in Chino Hills which had an even better decor and breakfast for our taste however, the drive was too far. We will specifically look for Ayers the next trip we plan here.
On a side note

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard, away from the freeway. Also, to the south or far end of th...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Trevor C,

We cannot thank you enough for the glowing review of our hotel on TripAdvisor, your kind words are greatly appreciated. We are pleased to see that we became your "home" for the week, we were very honored to have you as our guests. We are also thrilled to know you enjoyed the extra amenities such as complimentary parking, WiFi, and the full American breakfast buffet. We hope you will visit again soon and thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel by leaving a review on TripAdvisor.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Really loved this hotel, will go back when next in the area. Very clean and well run. We had a king size bed and it was so comfortable, sheets and towels are top quality! Bath room is newly tiled of top shiney materials and tub enclosure was extra wide, deep and hour glass shaped, not a seam with any mold in sight. One complaint... The water was hot in the shower but the pressure was poor in room 219. Sink is outside the bathroom, which I love! Outlets are well placed and plentiful. Wireless is free with simple code sign in. The breakfast during the week includes an omelet chef cooking to your liking with several options. On the weekends there are fresh, well prepared, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast etc. There is an outdoor fireplace and ample tables to hang and socialize informally. We didn't try the pool or hottub but they looked clean. Restaurants are within walking, two upscale chains and two fast grills. Though the location in not on the beach, the highway is right there and easy to access. Staff was very pleasant! Warm chocolate cop cookies offered in the afternoon in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Flosser,

Thank you very much for your kind words on your experience at our hotel, they are greatly appreciated. We are so pleased to see that you found your accommodations to be clean, convenient, and comfortable. Thank you for your feedback on the water pressure in room 219 as we will use it to improve future guest satisfaction. We truly strive to offer the highest quality of service and are thrilled to see that we succeeded in that goal with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to leave a flattering review on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a awesome hotel for a quick overnight after a night of heavy drinking, partying and dancing at a jazz show. The staff member at the front desk if I was sober enough name was Michael, just a genuine nice guy. The breakfast buffet was basic and ok, I'm not a pork Eater so I wish they had more options. But all in all a great boutique style hotel!!

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!