“GREAT Stay at the Ayers Seal Beach” 5 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 15% Off!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Seal Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“GREAT Stay at the Ayers Seal Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great room - two queen beds with wall separating the two -Great for families. In room small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker. Free Happy Hour !
Close to all. Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear N C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a direct and honest review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your experience at our hotel. It is such a great pleasure to see that you found the 2 Queen Studio Suite with partition wall accommodating for you and your family. It is also nice to know you enjoyed the room amenities and the complimentary weekday Manager's Reception. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to be able to welcome you another time in the near future.

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Everything about the hotel was top notch: furniture in room, cleanliness, attitude of staff, great free cookies, and lots of parking. Buffet breakfast only is served in the restaurant. Plus the price of the hotel was very reasonable. You can walk to the nearby country club which was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rick G.,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor to let others know how top notch your visit at our hotel was. We truly appreciate the compliments of the decor, cleanliness, service, and complimentary parking. It is nice to also know that you enjoyed the full American breakfast buffet and the convenient location. Thank you for considering our hotel as a good value. Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Since I have mobility problems and walk with a cane, I asked for certain things. I asked for a lower bed, which I didn't get. When I booked the room, the person asked if I needed to be lower. But the bed was almost too high for my 5ft. tall frame to get into. It was, however, lower to the ground floor. I wanted to take the shuttle to the event from the hotel, but were told the steps were too high, so I ended up driving. I wanted a weightwatchers-style breakfast that was diabetic friendly, but there was mostly eggs, pancakes, and sausage. There was, however, sugar-free syrup. I wanted help checking out and getting my things to the car on Sunday. I was told that the "men didn't work on Sunday". When I explained my situation, they got me someone from housekeeping, who got a very big tip. Everyone was friendly and courteous, but this hotel needs to be able to cater to a more diverse group of people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear H B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a candid review of your recent experience at our hotel. Our deepest apologies if your stay was anything less than exceptional. We do offer ADA Accessible rooms and typically they suite our disabled guests well, we are truly apologetic that your room did not accommodate you as it should have. We truly strive to offer the best possible accommodations and service and are devastated to see that you thought otherwise. We do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future and hope to see you soon so that we may be able to prove to you how pleasant a stay with us can truly be. Again, our sincerest apologies if you felt we did not cater to your needs accordingly.

Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I'm only 60 miles from home, but stayed here because my daughter was getting married at the Old Ranch Country Club up the street. My room was vary large with a king bed & pull out sofa, fridge & microwave, and liked the idea of the sink area being separate from the shower area, they serve an excellent full breakfast, where you can sit outside in the beautiful California weather.

Several other friends & relatives stayed here too & also enjoyed their stay.

The beds were very comfortable.

I would highly recommend staying here. The staff was courteous & welcoming.

Room Tip: There are several restaurants right behind the parking lot. Also several restaurants & shops ac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Joanne D.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a fantastic review of your visit to our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to see that you chose to stay with us during your daughter's special day. We truly strive to offer the most exceptional accommodations and are so glad to see that you thought so. Thank you for the compliments of the complimentary American breakfast buffet, it is nice to know that you enjoyed it. We hope you come to stay with us again soon and thank you again for the flattering review.

Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have heard nothing but nice things about Ayres Hotel, but have never stayed at one of their hotels. I was getting married at Old Ranch across the street so I figured Ayres was the perfect location for myself and bridal party to get ready at the day of my wedding. I originally wanted to book 1 big suite, but it was unavailable for the night I wanted so the lady on the phone recommended we get 2 king patio suites and she would make sure they were right next to each other. I didn't really want to have separation like that but just rolled with it. I asked her about 3 times if that was a guarantee that they would be next to each other and she said yes. I then proceeded to call Ayres a week later and verify this information with a man at the front desk. I felt more relieved, but then called AGAIN a week before my wedding and a woman also guaranteed me the same thing especially for my wedding day. I check in and they have our rooms separated PLUS my room had NO shower curtain. How does a room not have a shower curtain? Serious liability if I hadn't thrown 4 towels on the floor to keep me from slipping.The man at the front desk was nothing but rude and didn't make me feel accommodated in any way. Really a terrible experience for myself and wedding party. The only good thing about this hotel was the beds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear KScott927,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a candid review of your experience with our hotel on TripAdvisor. Our sincerest apologies if your stay was anything less than exceptional. We truly strive to offer the most accommodating and friendliest service and are devastated to see that we did not succeed in this goal with your stay.

I have reviewed your reservation and it looks as if originally the rooms were booked together, but upon arrival there was a change. This was most likely due to a maintenance issue and for that, we offer our deepest apologies. As for the shower curtain, we are looking into it. Every room should have one. It is possible through a deep cleaning of the room it never got replaced. Again our we are so very sorry if this put a damper on your special day. We do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Gainesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We thought the rooms were very nice and had lots of room. The breakfast was good except they won't make you an omelette on a weekend.

The downfall is it's a good drive away from the actual beach (took us on average 15 minutes).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Josh B.,

We were so honored to have you as our guest recently. It is nice to see that you thought your accommodations were spacious and nice. Thank you for the compliments on our full American breakfast buffet. However, our apologies if you were not completely satisfied. We are also so very sorry to see that it took you a while to get to the beach, a situation that is plainly out of our control. Hopefully, the distance from the beach did not put too much of a damper on your stay and we hope that you will visit another time soon. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your stay with us; we do hope the next time you come to stay with us we will be able to wow you enough for a 5 star rating.

Kelly Phillips
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been staying at the Ayers Seal Beach for about 6 years. Jerry has been an amazing employee always making me feel welcome and asking about my family. This week was a rough week at work and when I came "home" to my room, Jerry had placed my favorite chocolate chip cookies on a plater. I saw him and he said he was going to put wine in my room too but didn't know if I wanted red or white. After I thanked him for his thoughtfulness, that it was the thought that counted and that red was my favorite, he had a bottle of Pinot Noir brought up to my room 5 minutes later. It was a wonderful surprise and a true delight. I believe the Ayers is so lucky to have the insightful staff and for the company to allow it's staff to surprise and delight the customer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the highway side have less A/C unit noise but you would hear some freeway noise. The pool s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!