“Recent stay at the Ayres on April 27th” 5 of 5 stars

2 Nights - 15% Off!
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Seal Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Temecula, California
“Recent stay at the Ayres on April 27th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

First, you have an excellent staff. They were very attentative with our needs. The moment we enter we were welcome from the front desk personne, housekeeping, chefs and etc. The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious. I could have stay in my room for the whole trip. I felt very welcome. I would stay at any Ayres Hotel in the future because this was one of the top of the line hotel. I was very impressed. I stayed in a hotel in Temecula "Roadway Inn" on (April 19th) and it was awful. I check in at 10:00 a.m. and check out the same night at 09:30 p.m. I wish more hotels could have your training and the elegance of the room. I would like to thank all of your staff members for an lovely stay. This is a five star rating hotel. Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Sad that we stayed only one evening. The room was very large. The bathroom area was very spacious. This is is a very nice and comfortable place to stay. We asked for glass wine glasses and two people rushed to accommodate. Within minutes our request was handled.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We attended a wedding at Old Ranch and it was right across the street...very convenient! Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast offering was great. The front reception was nice and accommodating. We were able to check in early which was nice because we had traveled since 4am and it was nice to take a nap before the wedding. My only complaint was the server in the breakfast area. We decided to work one morning and he keep trying to get us to leave because he wanted to sweep. I said he was welcome to sweep while I was there but he wouldn't budge on getting us to move. I kindly said that I had too much paperwork and my computer to move so I wasn't going to move. He sat there and tapped incessantly in the table to irritate me and hemmed and hawed. They should lock the facility if they don't want guests there past a certain time or just wait and clean later.

Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights here for a wedding and would have given it 3.5 dots if that was possible.

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality and attractiveness of the rooms. They were large, clean, and very comfortable. Obviously if you are attending a wedding at Old Ranch, the location could not be better (it's right across the street).

The reason for the deduction of a dot and a half is for a couple of reasons:
1. The location and proximity to the freeway is not awesome. It was especially bad due to the construction going on during the night.
2. The staff was not terribly accommodating. The were decent but could have been more welcoming as opposed to focusing on the "strict no partying policy". Check in for the bride took longer than it should have and there were other requests that the staff just simply didn't make much of an effort to solve.

All in all a good stay and we would have no problem staying again if we attend another wedding nearby.

PS the good news is that we did have an "after party" (more like a gathering) in some of the rooms after the wedding and they did not hassle us at all

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bear Valley Springs, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Please understand that I am normally a very positive person and rarely complain about things. BUT on the first night of my stay, in order to get at least some sleep I chose to move rooms at 230 in the morning because of noise (annoying beeping and banging) from the ongoing road construction on the freeway side of the hotel. The person manning the front desk acted somewhat disinterested in my trouble and said causally "yeah, the noise is only a problem at night".The two rooms I was offered both had an annoying smell. I chose one of the two rooms, moved all of my things and was back in bed by 4 am. The room was very musty and warm so I set the thermostat lower, but despite my efforts the room never cooled below 75 degrees. I was awakened at 530 am by an alarm that remained on and had been set by the previous occupant; unfortunately I forgot to check it. The shower water was so hot that I could barely shower; it was impossible to get cold water to come out of the shower faucet. I was able to get internet connection in the first room on the freeway side but even after several attempts (and a call with their IT support contractor), I never connected from the second room. I checked out and moved to a different hotel after the second night. I would NOT recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel. If you have to stay here, never stay in a room on the freeway side becaus...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was an excellent property. The property is well maintained. The decor is very classy. The service was excellent, It is within walking distance to nice restaurants and it is a close drive to Seal Beach and sand and the ocean! We would defnitiely stay there again and I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Clayton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is one of my favorites.....close enough to lots of things to do and see in the Long Beach area. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Note: Fresh baked cookies in the lobby every 20 minutes or so! Rooms are always super clean. Beds are comfortable and the price cannot be beat. There is a mini fridge in the room should you purchase snacks that need keeping...the standard continental breakfast make the entire package a good deal If you are looking for a gym and a pool, both are small. The gym consists of one treadmill and two other full body machines. The decor is Victorian mansion style with lots of oil painting down the hallways and floral tapestry and such...kinda reminds me of a grandmothers house! But time and again, I will stay at this hotel - its just good value, good location and good people taking care of you!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!