“Big clean comfortable rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2 Nights - 15% Off!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
“Big clean comfortable rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We love staying at the Seal Beach Aryes. It is always clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The breakfast has a nice variety and you can get cooked to order omletes. No parking fee and free wireless makes this our favorite in Southern California!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Colton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

we love staying here. We come every summer. Clean, safe & great customer service and we love the small boutique feel along with the breakfast and happy hour options! You can't beat this deal and location.

Room Tip: if you want complete quiet ask for the side not by the freeway.
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

we attended a wedding and spent last wednesday thru sunday at this splendid hotel. the staff was very friendly and efficient. the breakfast buffet was very generous and delicious. the pool and jacuzzi were relaxing and towels were provided. towels were also provided for our large crew so we could go to seal beach. the hotel resembles a european hotel with the art and furniture. they also have energy efficient rooms, and encourage green beddings/towel use. you can still have things cleaned everyday with new linens, but it wasn't necessary with us. our only criticism is that they don't recycle newspaper and paper. they do recycle bottles/plastic bottles and cans. we took our newspaper to the long beach airport to recycle. we also heard there was a free happy hr, but never had a chance to sample it. thx

Room Tip: we overlooked the pool.....great!
Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed at many different Ayres, stayed at Seal Beach once a few years ago before a cruise, it was great as always. I've stayed at Orange as well as Anaheim, for the money, it is the best hotel, even if it was a bit more expensive I would still stay here, they include everything, breakfast, internet, parking, no bs, just clean, nice and great service. I try to stay at Ayres hotels anytime I visit LA area, but they are becoming harder to get reservations lately, guess the word is out on these great hotels. Staying at Seal Beach hotel again after a week in Disneyland area, tryed to stay at both anaheim hotels, but both sold out that week, bummed! At least we can finish our vacation at Seal Beach which is a bit farther from the beach, but well worth the drive, since its so nice and the breakfast is probally the best free breakfast of any free one around!

Room Tip: Reserve early, all rooms nice, I prefer a room upper floors overlooking pool, kids like looking at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Troyster903 -

Wow! What a very kind review of our hotel and the Ayres Hotels in general. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and for your continued patronage. To have made such an impression time and again is very humbling and we are so thrilled to have been able to provide such consistent hotel experiences. We are so grateful for your review and do hope to have the chance to welcome you again very soon. Thank you again for your kind words.

Safe travels,

Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Quick, efficient check-in. Enjoyed the evening reception and delicious cookies. The lobby is beautiful, as well as the rooms. Our granddaughter enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. Great for families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear DebbieG29101 -

It was an honor having you as our guest. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. What a treat to know that you were met with efficient service and found the many complimentary amenities welcome. We welcome guests of all types, including families, and are thrilled that yours had such a lovely experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendation and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Safe travels,

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Well-maintained, conveniently-located, "Courtyard"-level hotel with a few independent touches. The decor is more lush than the chain hotels, and the breakfast is slightly more elaborate; but this is a Courtyard hotel located at the intersection of several highways at the border of LA and Orange counties. No hint of any problems. Very pleasant and competent staff. Fitness room and (outdoor) pool are small but pleasant. Free wi-fi curiously is not documented, but it worked very well. Hotel also clearly serves small business customers, with a few meeting rooms. And the hotel has a billing arrangement with the nice restaurant across the street, so it would be ideal for a small business's sales meeting.

Room Tip: Rooms are reasonably soundproof and lightproof, but upper floors avoid parking-lot car lights.
Dear Jeffrey -

It was a pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. It means a great deal to us to know that you found the accommodations so comfortable, the service warm, and our various complimentary amenities conducive to a remarkable hotel experience. The Ayres Hotels are know for their European-inspired decor, so it is wonderful that the unique ambiance of our hotel made a lasting impression. We do our utmost to create a convenient environment for our business guests as well and it is fantastic that you noticed the many services we have available for them. Your review is greatly appreciated and we do hope you will visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had a HORRIBLE time at this hotel. First when I checked in, the middle eastern man checked us into a room that still had a condom wrapper on the table and blankets everywhere on the floor. I immediately went back downstairs and wanted a new room. Got checked into another room and thought everything was okay. Very next day we go out sightseeing and get back at 11:30pm and we are locked out of our room. Go back downstairs to see why and the person at the desk tells me SORRY it's not your room, you are checked into a totally different room and someone else is in that room. I then proceed to tell them that MY stuff is in that room and he tells me can you just stay in the room your assigned for tonight and we will fix in the morning? I say NO WAY, GET SOMEONE TO GET ME IN NOW!!!! The guy calls security and asks me a bunch of questions about the stuff in the room. LUCKILY I left my six flags tickets in the room with my name on it or I would of never gotten in!!! Checking out I needed to use a computer to print my boarding pass and went down and the computer was in use by an older man checking his junk mail, I asked to be notified as soon as he was done because my flight was coming up very soon and this hotel has a 15 minute max on computer use. After 20 mins I come back down and they let yet another person use the computer in front of me and he also looked like he was just playing around on the internet!!! They did comp me one night stay because of the 2nd issue of being locked out of my room but still, totally ruined my vacation from all the panic!!!! I'm still pretty irritated over the whole incident and I have sent in an email to the corporate office!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Rachel -

Thank you for your very candid review of our hotel. I am terribly sorry that your experience with us did not prove satisfying and do apologize for any inconvenience caused by the issues noted. Unfortunately, it appeared as if an error was made in our property management system which accounts for the room confusion and, while our night auditor was following appropriate hotel procedure, I do apologize wholeheartedly for this mistake and have already discussed this and your other comments among my team at length to ensure against anything like this in the future. We always encourage our guests to approach hotel management with any issues or concerns they may have, and I do also apologize if we were not able to come to a satisfactory resolution for all parties. I will be sure to work directly with our corporate office until we are positive the matter is resolved completely. Thank you again for your review. We do hope you will give us a future chance to show you that a stay at our hotel can be exceptional.

Regards,

Bill Dolan

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!