“Best Mexican Food ever” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 72 restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Baja-style mexican with a California Twist! Enjoy outdoor casual dining right across from the water in beautiful Sausalito.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Mexican Food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hands down, this place has the best Mexican food I have ever eaten. Just brilliant......make a trip just for this.

• Visited June 2013

86% Recommend
Atlanta
“Bright, Fun Lunch Spot with Excellent Fish Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I didn't want to end up in a stuffy lunch spot in Sausalito, and after driving up and down Bridgeway a handful of times, this colorful spot caught my eye. First of all, I loved the decor of this place, shabby-chic beach. Laid back beach music was playing, and we got a spot in the sun on the patio area. The servers were attentive, immediately getting us drinks and the customary chips and guac... which was delicious. As were the fish tacos and carne asada, which we had for lunch. I highly recommend this gem - it ticks all the boxes- delicious food, quality service and a refreshingly happy atmosphere. I wish I had a place like this in my neighborhood.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great choice in Sausalito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I knew this would be a great place when we walked by and it was packed with bicyclists (and not the rental bike riders). It's a small place so you should be prepared to wait for a table but they will server you drinks while you wait. The food was very fresh and the salsa was very good. They staff was friendly and efficient.

Next time I'm in Sausalito, I'd definitely ewat here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, California
“Fresh food, fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I totally love this little place! I have been to Baja many times and I totally get the Baja style theme!
The chips and salsa are always fresh and the guacamole is some of the best I've ever had. Now about the taco's: authentic, flavorful and delicious! The tortilla soup rocks and the raw oysters with the minuet sauce is a great addition!
Good Job on making this a cool, fun place to eat great Baja Style Food

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Reviews got this wrong”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Probably 1st time I think reviews got this place wrong. Went here on great reviews but anything but great. Thought food price too high for quality. They made their own fresh tortilla chips, which we really didn't like and served with not fresh but canned guacamole! I've never experienced this before. In addition the margaritas prob the worst I've had. And everytging an extra charge even a little extra dressing. Wish I could give a better review but just can't do

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tacoshoplady, Owner at Salsalito Taco Shop, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
As the owner, I always appreciate feedback from our guests. It is our goal for you to enjoy the taco shop experience and depart a happy new customer. We would have loved your feedback when you were here, as we could have had the opportunity to enhance your visit. I can assure you our guacamole is absolutely never from a can. We use fresh Hass avocados and make our guacamole daily. We also take pride in serving free-range, all-natural meats & poultry, as well as grass fed beef. Thank you for taking the time to review us and happy travels!