“Fantastic Hotel - Gary in the Spa is an Artist” 5 of 5 stars

Third Night Free
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Sausalito
GreenLeadersSilver level
Laguna Beach, California
“Fantastic Hotel - Gary in the Spa is an Artist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel without question is fantastic! The setting is beautiful and views are amazing. Nick in the lobby not only provided exemplary customer service, but has a great sense of humor - a must for me! More about our room below. On about Gary…I get regular massages and get them wherever I travel all over the world. If we can agree massage is a healing art, then Gary is da Vinci! So, if you book a room a massage is a must! Hands-down (pun intended) the best massage ever!

Room Tip: We stayed in Hillside Cottage Balcony - great!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan M, General Manager at Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about Nick and Gary. We always appreciate it when guests take the time to acknowledge and recognize individuals who don't just provide excellent service, but truly embody the essence of hospitality.

Wishing you the happiest of Holidays and a very prosperous New Year!

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

the hotel management is SO accomodating and nice - they couldnt be more helpful. This place is great - stay there.i had trouble with my room and the management helped me right away. they were so interested in us having a great time. the view is great and the rooms are great.
nick helped our weekend be wonderful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Casa Madrona Hotel with my girlfriend for a short weekend getaway. Our room had a view of the Bay with a balcony...it was surreal. We were able to sit by the fire at night with a real fireplace...the room was modern, spacious and clean. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept on in a hotel. The staff were very courteous, accommodating and professional.

• Stayed July 2013
Northern CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This boutique hotel is on the main street of Bridgeway (in the middle of town and entrance to the touristy section) in Sausalito, CA. The location is great because you can basically walk to all of the village restaurants and sites. However, if you want to take advantage of some of the less touristy, more local restaurant hangouts, you probably need to drive to them unless you like long walks (1-2 miles). Although the rooms facing the street have a bay view over the marina parking lot across the street, I do not recommend paying extra for the water view because it really isn't that impressive.

The hotel itself is very nice with free wifi, community computer access just off the lobby, and generally spacious rooms with high ceilings, nice furnishings, safes, coffee makers and nicely arranged and supplied bathrooms. The hotel itself doesn't really have a restaurant, although "Poggio" (Italian food) is technically in the same building. This is not much of a problem at all since the hotel has restaurants around it and is more than 1-2 blocks away from most of the village's restaurants. Another small issue was the louver windows in our room did not lock and one didn't actually close without help from someone pushing on it from the outside.

The front desk manager, Annie, was fantastic and very attentive to what is happening at the front desk! She tried very hard and mostly succeeded in accommodating our requests.

Room Tip: Although the rooms facing the street have a bay view over the marina parking lot across the street...
Green Features: They claim to be a green hotel, but it isn't anymore apparent here than most hotels in the SF Bay Area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
sao paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I found this hotel at Splendia and chose it as an alternative from staying in SF.

The hotel has a simple structure. No minibar and a third party hotel called Poggio which is excellent btw. We had breakfast everyday and meals about 3 times. Always good Italian food and very consistent.

We booked a harbor view room on the main building and it was very nice.

Everyone efforts to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

Our stay in Casa Madrona was unforgettable and we hope to come back soon!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

3 of us stayed here in this fabulous hotel. The room was excellent, very spacious and comfortable.The bathroom was superb. Great location with lovely views. It felt very relaxing with lots of lovely cafes and restaurants near by.We all used the small fitness centre with lovely showers.Whilst we stayed here other family members spent the night in San Francisco,travelling over on the ferry which took about 30-40 minutes.They enjoyed the hustle and bustle over there whilst we enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere in Sausalito.(We stayed in late August it's just taken me a while to post this) Can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I am not a fan of superlatives... that being said, this is possibly the best hotel experience me and my wife have ever had. For our third anniversary, we wanted something special so we booked stays in San Francisco, Sausalito and Napa. I'll say two things:

1. I won't directly compare Casa Madrona to the two other places we stayed at because it's not fair and because there's no comparison.

2. When we return to San Francisco, my wife and I are seriously considering staying in Casa Madrona at Sausalito as our hub... the experience was that good.

You see, I'm used to people saying happy anniversary and congratulations or handing me a bottle of wine when I check in... I'm not used to the manager coming up with a handwritten note with a drawing of me and my wife's name and a bottle of delicious Zinfandel. I'm not used to everyone being kind enough to you think about asking for a coffee or maybe to tag to dinner. I'm not used to the lovely experience that we had at Casa Madrona.

Being our anniversary, we got moved to a room with a terrace with a view. Between that and the bottle, I honestly choked up because it was genuine, and warm, and lovely.

The helpful team including Wendy and Ricky, and just everyone made our stay that much more special. To boot, our experience was made better with a trip to the spa where the heavenly hands of Kassandra helped us forget any woes we might have brought with us from that work week leading up to a vacation.

Free wi-fi? Check. Breakfast included, check. And to be clear, there are two options for breakfast and me and my wife chose the same option two days in a row without the inkling of a need to switch or look for another place. Breakfast toast with mascarpone, honey and fresh berries and the coffee of your choosing (mocha for my wife, cappuccino for me). So simple, yet so perfect.

The staff at Casa Madrona was always friendly, always helpful and always enthused that we were having a great stay. The sushi restaurant and salsa dancing recommendations shows the caliber of places available at Sausalito and Casa Madrona is the perfect place for any couple to enjoy their perfect anniversary.

Room Tip: Anything with a view will make every morning and every sunset that much more special.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stefan M, General Manager at Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for recognizing the professional efforts of our staff. As you so graciously noted, they are exceptional and we very much appreciate that you made a point of sharing with everyone just how appreciated they are. We are very fortunate to have such a caring and dedicated team and are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Been to Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!