“This place is top notch” 5 of 5 stars

Third Night Free
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Sausalito
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
“This place is top notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

In planning a recent trip to San Francisco and Wine Country, I happened to go onto Living Social Escapes to see what vacation packages I might find. I found one on there for Casa in Sausalito and having spent only a few hours in Sausalito on a previous trip to CA, I thought this would be a perfect way to end our trip before flying home out of San Francisco the next day.

I had booked my stay through LivingSocial on line at the time I purchased the package (or so I thought)...apparently the reservation hadn't gone through and fortunately for us, I discovered this early enough that when I called the hotel, Willie, the Front Desk Manager, was able to accommodate our booking for the one night. Not only was Willie able to save the day, but he went above and beyond to ensure our stay was exceptional. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and found a nice bottle of wine with a note in our room upon arrival.

The hotel is in a great location and our suite was like a mini town house on a split level- very cool. I enjoyed soaking in the big bath while my husband went to the spa for a quick steam. We were told about their pillow service upon check in, but it wasn't until I got into the room and read it on their ammenities sheet that I understood what they were talking anout. Talk anout being pampered! At no additional charge, you can select from any number of numerous options to help you fall off to zz land. I selected the lavender scented mini pillow as well as the ginormous body pillow. They arrived while we stepped out to enjoy our dinner at Poggio, the restaurant beside the hotel. We enjoyed our dinner and the ambience at Poggio so much that we were back there in the morning for a delightful breakfast before packing it up and exploring the neighboring island of Tiburon, where we chose to ship some of our wine that we puchased on our trip back home.

All in all, this was a fantastic trip and it was Willie and his staff at Casa Madrona that really went out of their way to make it special for us. Great job guys. We will be back.

Denise & Michael Righetti
Boca Raton, FL

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of the most delightful hotels I have stayed at. Beautiful location, friendly staff, ecologically responsible practices. I can see it in the brilliant location and artistry, smell it in the fresh air, touched by the preservation of the history, taste it in the wonderful food, and feel it with the warmth of the staff and management.

Room Tip: Windows are double glazed so no need to worry about traffic noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were looking for a nice hotel away from busy San Fran and Sausalito was the place. We just stumbled across this hotel, but it was a fantastic find. I walked in just to get information when the staff offered to show us some rooms. All of the rooms are excellent, you cannot go wrong with any of them. The whole staff was friendly and very helpful. They even sent me a gift basket when they found out my birthday was coming up soon. When you visit I would recommend asking for Wendy. She may reflect the service level of the entire staff, but she definitely made us feel like VIP's during our stay. I can truly say that this hotel embodies "Customer Service" and you should pick this location on your next trip to the bay area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stefan M, General Manager at Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize our team's efforts and acknowledging Wendy's devotion to guest services. "Taking it to the next level" may be an overused term, but in our case here at Casa Madrona, it is in the truest sense - figuratively and literally speaking - words we live by...

We hope to see you back in sunny Sausalito soon!
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The room was great with a view of the marina. The staff was excellent and on top of everything. When we left the room in the morning for breakfast we notified the desk our room was ready to be cleaned and when we returned it was ready to go. We highly recommend Casa Madrona.

Bay Area California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We booked a single night at our old favorite. This time, the front desk person suggested we stay in the new wing, which from the outside, looks a little cookie cutter. Boy, were we surprised. Room 454 (and she told us 354) were large, with perfect views of the Bay, and very luxurious. The entire short stay was perfect, and the service excellent. A great romantic getaway, in the center of Sausalito

Room Tip: The bay views are worth the extra cost.
Williamstown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed for a week in April for our 1 year anniversary. We stayed in a Hillside Balcony Cottage room. We loved this room because the balcony had beautiful views of the Richardson Bay and it had its own separate outdoor entrance. Hanging out on the balcony with coffee/espresso is a great way to start the morning. The restaurants on the bay and unique shops of Sausalito were great and were all within walking distance. The ferry was a short walk away and a great way to get to and from San Francisco. The staff were great and made setting up transportation easy when needed. The fireplace in the room was a nice touch. There are so many things to do in the area (we saw a show and visited the famous Dovre Club in San Fran, took tours to Muir Woods, Wine Country, and Alcatraz)...There is a farmer's market near the hotel at Dunphy Park every Sunday morning that I would recommend (we stocked up on some great fruit and other food for the week). Sorry VinceKay (see below); that was our almond milk haha. All in all, a great trip! We'll be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a single night on our way home from a two-week trip. The price was high compared to most of our stays along the coast between Southern California and Seattle, but we knew that when we decided to spend a night in Sausalito. The service was extremely friendly; the Front Desk and the valets/bellboys were wonderful.

The room was small but well-furnished. The patio and view made up for the small size. I agree with some previous reviewers that the vanity/sink area is a bit small and awkward, although aesthetically pleasing. The tub is great, and I appreciate the "green" containers for shampoo, etc.

We walked from the hotel down through Fort Baker and up to the Golden Gate. The location was convenient for walking. If we visit Sausalito again, we would stay in the Casa Madrona.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!