“ZANY GOOD BURGERS!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Napa Valley Burger Company

Napa Valley Burger Company
670 Bridgeway, Sausalito, CA 94965-2251 (Formerly Winship Restaurant)
415-332-1454
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Westchester County, NY
“ZANY GOOD BURGERS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

As I scanned the zany menu at Napa Valley Burger, I had this image that it was put together when a group of chefs were sitting around doing shots late one night and started playing a game of culinary "Can You Top This?". I mean how else would someone have come up with the idea of a burger topped with Eggs Benedict? Or a beef burger topped with crabmeat? But if you'll forgive me the pun, the ones we enjoyed were insanely good! As were, I hasten to add, the truffle fries with parmesan cheese. Equally crazy on a personal level, was me, a New Yorker for whom burgers always go with beer, washing this one down instead with one of their namesake Napa Valley wines and enjoying it. I mean, everybody "pairs" wine and cheese, right? But who "pairs" wine and cheeseBURGERS?! And let me quickly add that we ain't talking "paties" here. These are good sized burgers. More like "fatties" as in "plus sized" to use the politically correct term.

The only reason I can't give Napa Valley Burger Co. the full 5 stars is because our table service did not match the quality of the food. We chanced to go in there (i.e. no reservation) in the mid-afternoon on a week day, well past the usual lunch hour. We were seated immediately but unfortunately that's where the "immediacy" ended. There were frustrating lags in our service right up through our having to wait to get our check. (I don't mind waiting for my food once the order has been placed if I have a drink to enjoy while I pass the time.) But that aside, there are plenty of eating places along the waterfront in Sausalito. And I'd say that you'd be crazy to pass this one by.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Bring your appetite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great stop after biking the bridge and before you catch the ferry! There are a few tables outside for dinning but I chose to sit inside at the bar. Everyone was friendly and the food was equally as nice! It isn't everyday that you see a burger with jalapeños, Mac & cheese, an egg and all the fixins, so I got it!! It comes with a side salad which was okay. The burger was great and went well with the local red beer :) I also found the wine bottle chandeliers fun. Enjoy!

Kansas City, MO
“Great selection of burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The service was subpar but the burgers made up for it. They are a great size so definitely come hungry. Their waffle fries nachos were amazing too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very tasty, reasonable prices and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

After a walk across the bridge and then into Sausalito itself this was a great place to refuel before the Ferry back.

Service and food were excellent and we will go back if we are back before we go home.

This was the busiest restaurant we saw.

• Visited October 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The worst part of any holiday can be the food. If we had to eat EVERY meal at the Napa Burger Company we would still be happy. The food was served quickly, it was fresh and hot, the service was attentive and friendly.
Go. Enjoy. Worth waiting in line if you have to (the place is a poorly kept secret).

• Visited September 2012