“Superb food and superb location” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Princess
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus 50, 20;Golden Gate Ferry, Red and White Fleet Ferry, Blue and Gold Ferry
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Superb food and superb location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Set wonderfully on a small pier with incredible views of the bay, Scoma's is not a place to go every day, but rather one to savour on somewhat more special occasions (at least for a travelling tourist from South Africa like me). The town of Sausalito is a wonderful place to visit, and if you are there then Scoma's is a must.

The room is smallish so you will most likely have to wait if you haven't made a reservation; but it is more than worth it. Leaning towards the more formal side (as opposed to casual), we had a great table right in the middle so could see out of both sets of windows into the bay. That alone was worth the price of admission.

I had the calamari to start which was lightly fried but had an exquisite tomato based sauce which had a delicious amount of spice to it. For mains I had the seared Ahi Tuna and it was rather close to perfection. I cannot recommend that highly enough. My wife also raved about her seafood pasta.

In short, this place is an absolute must. Do it now!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Brighton
“Decent enough ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Business dinner, mostly Europeans in our party. Food was ok, not amazing. Why is wine so expensive in CA?
Artichoke starter was tough going but calamari superb, prawns good.
Good desserts.

Perth, Australia
“Good cocktails; magnificent views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were seated at an outside table with spectacular views.

I would rate the cocktails very highly, especially the chocolate Manhattan made with Godiva chocolate. I am also told that the Margarita was really good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lytham St Annes
“Tasty lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great spot for views of the bay and tasty sea food! The tuna was the best we have had, lovely. Sausalito is a nice place to get the ferry to from SF for a mooch around and a bite to eat, great views from the ferry also.

Manila, Philippines
“Rendezvous.Romantic.Reminiscent...truly Sausalito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I fell in love with this restaurant (& Sausalito) while travelling on our honeymoon, when a cousin brought us here...don't ask how many years ago! But I recently went back for a rendezvous with some good old friends and they too fell in love with this place! Location is tops, view is what dreams are made of, and the food is FANTASTIC! The very attentive waiter is a big plus. All that we ordered Ceasar's salad -refreshing. Broiled salmon, "catch of the day", shrimp & scallops, calamari, all served hot & fresh and delicious! I do love a happy server, so their service...perfect! Our server simply added joy to our small reunion. My recent visit was during lunch, but the "honeymoon" visit was during dinner. I'd say make it lunch for the view with friends or family, and dinner time for added romantic ambience especially if your planning to bring that special someone. My friends from the Bay area are already planning their next visit right after lunch, so I need not say more... just try it & find out for yourself. Make sure to book in advance during busy season.

• Visited July 2013