“Best Seafood in Nor Cal” 5 of 5 stars

415.331.3226
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salito's Crab House & Prime Rib is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 73 Restaurants in Sausalito
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Salito's has been a long standing part of the Sausalito landscape--Zack's in the eighties, then Margaritaville and most recently Paradise Bay. The new look is fresh, bright and full of casual ambience. Large decks overlook the water and the beauty of the area is absolutely breathtaking. Enjoy one of several refreshing Nick & Nora Cocktail Specials available from the full bar or just have a Cafe du Monde chicory coffee with freshly-made beignets A casual bite or a full-on feast--either one or something in between is the perfect Salito's experience. Signature dishes include: * House-made kettle bread served with Straus butter * Whole roasted Dungeness crab * Sizzling iron-skillets of mussels, shrimp and crab * USDA Prime, prime rib * Seafood specialties * Crab chowder, interesting salads and creative sandwiches Sitting on beautiful Richardson Bay in Sausalito, the blue sky and sparkling water are the perfect setting for an afternoon or evening of dining al fresco at Salito's.
Napa, California
“Best Seafood in Nor Cal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently moved from Washington State and love my seafood especially crab :) My husband and I relocated to Napa Valley...so clearly there are some top notch restaurants here. However, I must say that the best meal I've had yet is at Salito's! The views are incredible. I love their kettle bread, mussels, crab enchilada, crab alfredo, and my husband loves the sand dabs in the lemon butter caper sauce. Great wine, beer, and cocktail selection! We stop here every time we head into the city. See you soon!

• Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Food and Great Views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We loved this restaurant. If you are visiting Sausalito and are looking for great seafood you must give this place a shot. We were visiting from Los Angeles and we decided to eat here after seeing the reviews on this site. The readers got it right and we were very impressed. This place is owned by the same folks that have the Franciscan and Crab House in San Francisco. If you like those places for seafood, you will love this one. Would recommend it to any of my friends.

Oaxaca, Mexico
“makes me wish i lived in sausalito!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

my friends sang the praises of salito's but i didnt get there until my last night in town! we went for drinks and snacks and, of course, the great view. my selection of four types of oysters was very tasty. and my friends enjoyed the mussels. we sat at the bar, where mike made us feel right at home. our food was served with great aplomb and smiles by bennie de la cruz. i'll certainly go back there on my next visit to sausalito.

Dorset, England
“Best lunch this trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great restaurant, lovely view. We had the dabs which were excellent and the beet salad with pomolitos ( garlicky baked potato in skins). The bottle of Prosecco was delightful as was the lemon torta Di mamma. Friendly service and perfect lunch on a lovely blue sky day.

Hercules
“Good food, pretty view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very busy during lunch. We walked there from the Art Festival. Second time we have been here so we decided to eat inside this time. The weather was pretty so the doors were open. Our waiter was attentive and did his best to provide good service. Bar service was slow. Food was good but not outstanding however, this place is better than most so if you don't mind spending a bit more for lunch, it's worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere