“Lovely person. Great tour.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 32 Activities in Sausalito
Davis, California, United States
“Lovely person. Great tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We asked Terri for some of her time for a group on a Saturday afternoon and were unfortunately VERY late. For a number of reasons, we kept Terri waiting for a very long time. In phone conversations, she helped us find our way, helped us find parking on a very busy Saturday afternoon, and when we got there, she had a google map printed out for us for our return home to avoid the traffic!! She spent the time with us as though we had not wasted a moment of her day. She was kind, informative and very enjoyable. If you are among the many who are going to see the wooden boat tour, I would highly suggest you also go on Terri's walking tour… it is a different view of a very colorful community. Thanks Terri, for everything.

Visited July 2012

Rio Vista, California, United States
“A Walk in Sausalito”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had a great time on Teri's Sausalito walking tour last week. I am a Bay Area Native (San Francisco born) and I have been in and around Sausalito for more than half a century; however Teri's understanding and Knowledge of Historical perspectives brought to me a fresh view of this quaint little seaside town.

The walk provided for me a pleasant walk in the Sunshine surrounded by like minded, historically absorbed people. Teri unveiled a cornucopia of fun tid-bits of historical folklore and information about the early days of the town's initial settlement, as well as countless insights concerning Sausalito's sometimes checkered past. The information she provided about the World War 2 Kaiser Shipbuilding was also interesting---I knew a lot about this subject prior to the walk---but I learned new information ---which was delightful.

I met a local bay area photographer who was also a member of our walking tour and she showed me some of her photographs (especially recently taken shots of the Golden Gate Bridges 75th Anniversary). I ended up buying a copy on a book she has published and it now adorns my coffee table.

All in all I would highly recommend this walk to any of my friends---It is a great way to spend a few hours by the bay. I have some friends visiting from Nepal this coming weekend and if I have time I may try and take them on Teri's walk---there is a great Himalayan restaurant in Sausalito called "A Taste of the Himalayas"---a trip to Sausalito and Terri's walk could end up as a double treat.

Visited June 2012