“Excellent little place by the sea” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: 625 Bridgeway Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-3544
Description: 625 Bridgeway Sausalito, CA 94965 (415) 332-3544
Bristol
“Excellent little place by the sea”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We had an 'ultimate' and a 'California club' sandwich. Both fantastic, full of flavour and I definitely recommend them.

The only reason I haven't given it a five is because I nearly ate part of the cocktail stick that had snapped off in the bottom of my sandwich and the bread was really hard to eat as it was so tough. However I think that's just the kind of bread it is as it wasn't stale. My boyfriend and I had achy teeth afterwards!

Overall great though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

97% Recommend
Jordanstown, Newtowbabbey, United Kingdom
“Great Sandwich after cycle from San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We got lunch here after a guided cycle from San Francisco on the recommendation of the tour guide and we weren't disappointed. I had a California club which was packed with turkey, ham and avocado with just the right amount of salad and mayo. The others in the group had similar experiences with their choices and to finish off the carrot cake was divine.

Buy a sandwich and then go and sit on the rocks at the bay edge for a perfect lunch!

• Visited July 2013
Fallston MD
“A Delightful Afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We happened upon Venice one afternoon, while looking for a light lunch. We found the staff most helpful in making a selection: an Italian Cold Cut Sub with a bottle of wine, served perfectly at one of their sidewalk tables. They uncorked the bottle and brought two glasses! When we had finished our sub, the owner brought us some yummy dessert!!!! Free of charge!!! We would definitely go again!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Delicious Vegetarian Food with a lovely view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

On a tour in San Francisco we were taken to Sausalito not realy knowing what to expect. What we did see impressed us in enough to want to move there. The Tour guide suggested a few places to eat and we picked Venice as that had Vegetarian food. We loved the location overlooking the bay and the selection and quality of food did not disappoint. My teenagers enjoyed the sandwiches and i tried out the different salads. Their was a store attacehd which had some unusual items for the kitchen and home. The service was quick.. I liked the place so much that i recommended it to afriend who echoed my sentiments. A must visit!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Clemente, California
“My favorite little deli in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Venice is a anchor in Sausalito. I grew up here and now live in Southern California but this place has been around for at least 40 years. Now when I visit on a romantic weekend, I walk down the street to get the essentials. Good wines, cheeses etc. Hungry? have them make you a fresh sandwich and enjoy the view over the bay. If you are lucky enough to get a room with a bay view, this is a great spot to get a bottle of wine and sit and enjoy the sunset before you go out to dinner.

Visited June 2013