“GREAT PLACE =)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Sausalito
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, the nationally recognized Bay Area Discovery Museum is a one-of-a-kind indoor/outdoor family museum that offers a full range of activities for children ages 8 and younger. The Museum's unique programs feature hands-on art and science exhibits, performances, workshops, and cultural festivals -- all with a focus on fun.
San Francisco, California
13 attraction reviews
“GREAT PLACE =)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great place to take little ones up to 5yrs old, it keeps them occupied and their senses are challenged for a few hours.

Visited April 2012

new jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Not Cost-effective for Toddlers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had heard this attraction hyped as great for kids. It is, but only for kids old enough to walk. There is only one area designed for toddlers - the Tot area - which had water-bed type pods to crawl on. Granted my granddaughter loved this, but the entry fee ($11 adults, $6 for kids over 6 months) was too steep for just this one area. I'd wait until at least age 3 to be able to take full advantage of the museum.

Visited July 2012
Oakland, California
83 attraction reviews
“If you have a 4-7 year old ... Pack a snack and go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

What a great place for kids to run around and touch stuff!!! I would like to see a little more detail.... Say... When they are sifting through the dirt for treasure it be cool if they found some painted gold pebbles ... Not just dirt! But golden gate views are the best!

Sausalito
3 attraction reviews
“Willow sculpture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I don't have kids, but if you DO, this is The Place. Fun for them, hands on experiences, and a gorgeous view of the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco. Don't miss the incredible sculpture made of willow.

Visited May 2012
Riverside, CA
3 attraction reviews
“Great Place for Toddlers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This was our first visit to San Francisco with our daughter who is two years old. After looking up reviews of things to do with a toddler in San Francisco I decided on this one and was SO glad that I did. My daughter loved this place, in fact it was probably one of my favorite things we did on our two week road trip up to Oregon. There is so much to explore and so much to learn. I can't even tell you what our favorite thing was because we loved it all. I wish we had somewhere like this in Southern California!

Visited May 2012