“Great Thai place in Downtown Saratoga” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Jose
“Great Thai place in Downtown Saratoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have started to discover places to eat in Saratoga Downtown and this one is a gem. We went there based on the excellent reviews and were not disappointed. Excellent food and its clear that the chef takes great care in preparing the dishes and its not assembly line - like some Thai places tend to be. Its certainly a bit on the expensive side (pr rather I should say portions are a bit smaller than other thai places)- but I think thats what makes it more gourmet and upscale. The veggies on the pad khee mao (wide flat noodles) were beautifully seared, the right level of crunch and just wonderful. Thats a dish I will certainly order again. The Veggies and Tofu with Basil and chili was great too. My kids and hubby really liked the chicken satay. Next time - will try the poh pia- thats usually a favorite for me.

All in all- a place we will visit many many more times, and it does have a mom and pop restaurant feel to it. My only critique would be that it is tiny inside and as you open the door- it bumps into the tables- so I wish they had more open/ functional flow to it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saratoga, CA
“Deliciously intimate with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A great Thai restaurant with ambiance, service, and deliciously diverse menu ranging from seafood, vegetarian, beef, pork and chicken. Loved the green curry with prawns and spring rolls. The brown rice is delicious and tender. The coconut ice "cream" is AMAZING, as I cannot have dairy. It is like no other an ordered from Thailand. The service is very friendly, unimposing, and considerate. My favorite Thai place in this area. Downside: Very small and limited seating. We had a party of seven, called for reservations, and they were prompt and very accommodating. Also, can become a little noisy. Wine list is very limited. Prices are very reasonable and servings are generous. Will definitely return again and again and hope not too many people will learn of this hidden gem. :-)

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“late night dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Wow. Great restaurant, food and service. We were tired, very tired, and just wanted to sit and enjoy a quiet meal. The place was busy, but not too loud or crowded. The service? These folks know customer service. I didn't have to ask for water, service, or anything. I had the Tom Kha soup and my husband had the special, which was a grilled medley of squid, scallops, shrimp and peppers. Fresh fresh ingredients, great selection, and like I said, service.

Visited July 2012
San Jose, California
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Food was delicious, especially the Tom Kha. Lunch specials were very reasonable. Service was absolutely splendid. Atmosphere was perfect. If you're looking for good food, great service, and wonderful value...this is the place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfield, California
“A hidden treasure....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

First heard about this restaurant from the person at the front desk of our hotel. They said there was an excellent Thai place, but when we saw this place later that day, we thought this isn't it.... they spoke so highly of it.... it's not a lot to look at from the outside and we were doubtful to go in, but we're so glad we did! There was no one there and we thought, 'great, it couldn't be that good', but the phone didn't stop ringing with locals placing orders for pickup...it was also midweek the 2nd week in January and the whole town was pretty empty. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding!!!! This place is an absolute hidden treasure!! I had prawns in peanut sauce which I just savored, it was to die for and unforgettable. My husband had spicy lamb, and when ordering he was asked how hot he wanted it on a scale of 1-10.(If you're not familiar with Thai food, some dishes can get extremely hot.) He ordered it at '7' and it was perfect (he likes really hot), but to be sure it was okay for him, our waiter lingered and kept checking back that it was okay. I got the distinct feeling that if it was too hot, they would take it back and bring a lower-heat version. He's still raving about how good it was. I wish we lived closer so we could go back sooner, but this place just cemented our resolve to return to Saratoga at our first opportunity.

• Visited January 2011