“Great stay, great location, unbelievable service!” 5 of 5 stars

Saratoga Oaks Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14626 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saratoga
Detroit, Michigan
“Great stay, great location, unbelievable service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a business trip in the area, so decided to hike the Big Basin. After a great day of hiking I saw this lodge and decided to stay. I was greated with a smile and great conversation at the front desk. I was given the room key and headed to my room. The room was cute and very clean. EverythIng was in good shape. Overall, the stay was great, but the best part was when I got home and realized I was missing my jacket. I called the lodge and they didn't have it. I hung up and thought oh well. About 30 minutes later the lodge called me back. They had walked two blocks to the restaurant I had eaten at. They not only found it, but sent it to my home for no charge! That's great service!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a two room suite with a Murphy Bed. The 4 year old couldn't get over the murphy bed. And a lot cheaper than Disneyland. Also had a 2 queen suite. The rooms were excellent, obviously recently updated with taste. Small t.v.s (I count that as a good thing). You're at the west end of town, on the main drag, and the town is maybe 5 blocks long with nice shops & restaurants. to the west is a spectacular drive through the redwoods. The price is right, the accommodations excellent, staff very friendly. The 4 year old wants to move in and live there forever. We said that when he becomes an obnoxious teenager we can talk about it.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Well worth the few extra bucks.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My bungalow-suite provided the perfect getaway to relax after exploring the Saratoga Village and other nearby attractions. The Lodge has shed its motor court cocoon and turned into a beautiful butterfly. From a single-queen room to two-room suites, the Saratoga Oaks Lodge has something for everyone. Newly constructed “tree house" bungalows accommodate families or groups via an interior staircase – great for wedding parties. Whirlpool bathtubs and steam-bath showers help you unwind and find your bliss. Balconies and garden patios shaded by towering oaks are a joy during the warmer months. Other amenities include microwave, mini-fridge, coffeemakers, free Wi-Fi, and continental breakfast.

Within walking distance: Saratoga's finest dining, day spa and hair salon, wine tasting, art galleries, fabulous retail of all kinds and a small-town flavor....a very good thing! Nearby, performing art center and wineries provide world-class entertainment; historic gardens, hiking, dining, horseback riding, wine tasting, and breathtaking views are just a few distractions to bring you back again and again.

New innkeepers, Brenda and Bob, welcome you with smiles and laughter. The Lodge is evolving and more upgrades are on the way. So quiet...for a perfect night of Zs!

Room Tip: Plan to stay a couple of nights. There's so much to see and so close at hand. Summer concerts at...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had an incredible experience at the Saratoga Oaks Lodge in one of their bungalow- suite rooms. They certainly spared no expense in their bathrooms--steam-shower, jacuzzi tubs, Toto bidet toilets. You have your own deck with comfortable table and chairs. The Staff is very friendly. Morning continental breakfast is yummy. Location is great. You can walk to great restaurants and stores. The beautiful Hakone Gardens is close by.

Room Tip: The bungalows in the back are the best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My daughter and I spent Aug.7&8 there to attend a concert at the Mountain Winery. Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Management was very friendly and provided a terrific continental breakfast. After our return we found out my daughters blazer was missing. I put in a call to Oaks Lodge, they were extremely helpful. They found the blazer and mailed it out to us free of charge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We reluctantly booked here after reading some of the reviews about surly staff and bedbugs, however, we couldn't have been more pleased by the charm of our hosts, the fantastic coffee every morning, the large room with comfortable bed, wet bar and air conditioning (it was a warm weekend!)

The location is perfect for Saratoga. Everything is within walking distance and we got two for one at the wine tasting room next door!

I highly recommend the Saratoga Oaks lodge. We make annual trips here for a concert at the Mountain Winery just up the road and this will be our new place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is our 3rd time staying here for a concert, the managers are so friendly and nice,the first time we stayed we didnt bring jackets and the manager told us it got cold at the winery concerts and loaned my husband and I jackets! The rooms are very nice with fridge and microwave. Very clean and comfy bed. The pastries and coffee are also good. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Saratoga Oaks Lodge? Share your experiences!