“You're better off sleeping under a bus stop bench.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego to your Saves list
Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9200 Inwood Dr., Santee, CA 92071   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santee
“You're better off sleeping under a bus stop bench.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Absolutely the worst experience in a hotel ever - and I stayed in some dumps back in my college days. Housekeeping quit early (11 am) one day, so our room was not cleaned. After we complained, they dropped off a bag filled with extra towels and some instant coffee at our door. Because there were pizza boxes that hadn't been removed from outside a neighboring room (again, no housekeeping service), we spent the night listening to animals root through the boxes and woke up to a disgusting disaster outside our room. VoIP phone seems like the only thing that has been done or added to this property in the last 20 years. I have to imagine having taken my family to stay in a hostel would have been a better idea.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sonoma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The property is in need of updating, which the desk agent said is happening soon, but for the price it cannot be beat. The rooms are spotless and the view of the golf course is fantastic. If you're on a budget you will like the value and enjoy the scenery. We picked it because it is also near two casinos.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
La Mesa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic but some do offer a view of the great golf course they have. I would stay here again. I'm glad I found this hidden gem in Santee. Who would of known??

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
santee ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

We had to stay here because our apartment was sbeing fumigated.
The wallpaper was peeling off the walls of the lobby.
There wasnt a Ice machine to be seen.
The Bed couldnt of been harder and they used such a harsh detergent that I couldnt fall asleep because of the strong smell and it made my throat ich. I had to cover up the pillow with a blanket that I had brought, then it got better.
The showerhead looked like it was the first one ever invented, but it worked ok.
We were upstairs and it had to be frustrating for the people underneath us because I could tell that no matter how lightly we tried to walk, they could hear every step.
The restaurant was absurdly expensive.
***I set 2 of the hotels alarms- alarm clock and set a wake up call--and neither one of them worked. I was very late to work.

You might as well stay at a motel 6.

• Liked — Our room had a nice view of the small lake
  • Disliked — Their wake up calls and alarm clocks dont work, i was late to work and their sheets stunk
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego

Address: 9200 Inwood Dr., Santee, CA 92071
Location: United States > California > Santee
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santee
Hotel Class:3 star — Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego Hotel Santee

If you own or manage Carlton Oaks Country Club San Diego, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.