“Don't waste your money!” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Bodies of Water
Activities: Camping/rv
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A lake resort area with camping facilities.
Coronado, California
“Don't waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our family decided to leave the city and enjoy a quiet weekend at the lake. My boys and husband spent the day on the water and caught not one fish! The lake has zero visability, the algae was so bad, and the smell was awful. After checking into our cabin we found it was terribly dirty. There were cobwebs and spiders throughout, ants, and broken doors. Sitting outside at the picnic table was impossible, there were red ants crawling up our legs. We were told there was a pool. After searching and finally finding it, we discovered it was located in the community trailer park and was filled with residents.The only good experience we had was eating at the cafe, good food and good service. We ended not even staying the night and drove back home the same day. Spend a little more money and head to Big Bear!

Visited October 2012

Colton, California
20 attraction reviews
“avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

i went with the church group. this place was a second choice - the place we liked was fully booked.
It is no wonder why booking is easy.
It is a dump. Restrooms are filthy -- no maintenance or because people who go there just are filthy.
It is sad that this place is not maintained because it has good potentials. Large area which is good for big church outings. Lots of trees and shade.
Will never recommend.
Will never return.

Visited August 2012
Wayne, Nebraska
“awful distaseful despicable place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

actually i live at the park across the road and i think its been years since anything has been done to restore the beauty it once had, it has gone to hell really bad i mean it should at least be a friendly place but no one really cares.

Visited September 2011
“1st time camper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Let me start by saying I have never been camping. I have stayed at 5 star resorts but when we decided to go camping, I knew 5 star was not an option. My husband and I decided to have a family reunion/fishing trip at Lake Henshaw. We had no idea what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised with our whole experience here. Since I have never been camping, this was a great start. The cabins are rustic but well maintained. We had 5 people plus a baby and we were very comfortable. The beds we amazing in our cabin (#7). The kitchen is very small but was useful as were the showers. Yes there are bugs but you are in the mountains, camping so bring bug spray! The staff was vey friendly and accomadating. We had a very large party, over 40 people and they were very patient with us. the store has everything and is very reasonably priced. I suggest bring a small BBQ and a large cooler and small window fan if going in the summer. The fridge in the cabin is small but kept our food very cold. Overall, we plan to go back. If you are into fishing, it is a catfish lake so go prepared for that. We usually fish for Bluegill so we had no luck the first few hours. Once we started talking to people, they told us it was stock with catfish and crappie (seasonly) We changed our poles and had some great luck. We plan on making this an annual trip for us.

Visited July 2012
I.E.
“Horrible Cabin”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My sweet heart and I were to stay 2 nights, but after 1 night we were out of there! Also, No Refunds! So, be very careful!! Our room had massive spiders, my sweet heart was bitten by a spider, we found the spider dead in the bed with us and big blood stain on the sheet, the towels we old and ragged, bugs every where and it was Hot As Hell! Even though we took 2 of our fans from home my sweet heart informed me that she didn't sleep well because I kept waking up moaning to her "It feels like we're in Hell Baby" I am so serious, I literally was gonna go sleep in the car an turn the air on! So, if you still decide to stay, Please go to Walmart and buy a A/C for the window because u will burn the Hell Up! The Staff were pleasant, the Lake was across the street, the screen gates to the cabins Do Not Lock! The fridge is small like for a college Dorm room, moths, and beetle bugs flying threw the holes in the screens on the windows...We just made it home 2 1/2 hour drive out $87 bucks but rather be home In our own bed with our A/C and NO fear of being Bitten or roasting to death...... But the fishing was Awesome! I mean the fish were jumping out of the water all around the Lake, we caught Cat fish! We will visit the Lake again, but Not the Cabins!!

Visited July 2012