“Lovely surprise along the way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely surprise along the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We needed a pit stop as we drove up the coast, and lucked into this lovely spot. The staff was charmingly friendly, the drinks were good, and the chocolate zucchini muffin left us craving more. Though we didn't order much, we felt no pressure to "move along" -- we felt very comfortable hanging out and reading, and stayed longer than we intended. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank FamilyManDD

Simi Valley, California
“Variety of food for locals & Touists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Variety of choices to eat & drink. Quiches we're excellent along with the coffee & large sized fresh smoothies. They had sandwiches, wonderful pumpkin cream cheese muffins, as well as other muffins & donuts. Their service was quick & the lady was friendly. Staff suggested what was their favorites on the menu when There so many delicious items to eat. Atmosphere was relaxing & welcoming. Very clean establishment! We'll stop by here again.

San Francisco, California, United States
“Great Grinds!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This java house has wonderful, tasty coffee! Grab a cup and enjoy the atmosphere of this place before you stroll through town. Loved it!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ByTheSeaByTheSea
Santa Ynez, California
“Based on one experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I hate giving a review based on only one experience, and I qualify this based on the fact that I don't drink coffee. With that said, I went to Valley Grind to try their soup and a piece of quiche. While this may not be a big deal to other people, I was discouraged. The soup was reheated from a frozen soup (they admitted this fact), and the quiche is locally made by a production pie maker and reheated in a microwave or convection small oven. I was not impressed. I was also shocked that one of the servers was training a new person, and the trainer was wearing a button that said "THIS IS MY LAST DAY!" I thought it was very unprofessional. With that said, I think Valley Grind has been well received by many locals for their coffee which I did not try. I think it is a warm environment, but their staff needs to step up the experience from a human level a bit more. I also realize that most people don't go to a coffee shop for soup and quiche, but if they sell it, it should be tasty. It wasn't. I hope they improve this in the future.

Visited February 2013
Santa Ynez, California
“A Great Place for Locals and Tourists Alike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

What used to be the Roasted Bean is now under new ownership as Valley Grind. The changes made have been greatly appreciated in this community. Not only do they serve fresh fruit smoothies and great coffee but they have an assortment of other gourmet foods. The staff is friendly and can always recommend something delicious. I love going to a coffee house that is not staffed by teenagers that are more interested in their iphones than in taking my order. The owner is very hands on and her staff is attentive. I love the Valley Grind and think you will too.

• Visited October 2012