“love the Edison St. Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Deals: Save $250!
Ranked #1 of 1 Santa Ynez B&B and Inns
Redondo Beach, California
“love the Edison St. Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We really enjoy staying at the Edison! Great getaway, super comfy rooms and spotless! Larry makes your stay wonderful and has thought of everything. We will continue coming back to the Edison!

Room Tip: have stayed in 2 different rooms and enjoyed each one!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Torrance, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We were told that the Edison Inn was a great getaway in the Santa Ynex wine valley. That was an understatement. It is hard to say which of the rooms I would recommend, as the entire bed and breakfast is decorated beautifully. We felt so at home, and enjoyed our late afternoons sipping wonderful local wines with Larry by the fireplace. He is a great host, and we can't wait to go back and enjoy a relaxing weekend at the Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I arranged a visit with my friends and we stayed at this Inn. What a pleasant surprise!!! So quaint and luxurious at the same time. We enjoyed everything about it--the decor, the comfy beds, the cleanliness and the enjoyable evenings sharing stories with the Innkeeper while sipping on fabulous wines. This will definitely be on our list for romantic getaways!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Monrovia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this wonderful inn a couple of years ago and meant to get back sooner rather than later as it was an awesome place to stay. We finally managed to get there this past weekend and remember why we had such fond memories. Larry, the innkeeper and owner, is such a warm individual and we really loved just lazing about in front of the fireplace talking with him about so many different things. In addition to being an interesting guy, he is quite knowledgeable about the area and has great suggestions on where to go for wine tasting, dining, etc. for those without a plan. His establishment is immaculate, quiet, spacious and inviting. The rooms are gorgeous and inviting. The location couldn't be better....right on the edge of town within a short walk from numerous great restaurants and shops. Despite being close to town, the inn is quiet and private, as Santa Ynez is quite small, with a very friendly tone. There are a couple of cafes down the street which Larry has an arrangement with, and where breakfast is served. There is great variety and the wait staff is friendly and efficient. We really loved staying here and will be making it an annual event!

Room Tip: No bad rooms in this inn...all are stellar!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Redding CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I came to Santa Ynez to visit our children and grandchildren for a family reunion of sorts. This Inn was fabulous in terms of comfortable accommodations, cleanliness, service and congeniality! We had such a good time with the innkeepers and they were so helpful in assisting us with everything since we are older, in our 80's, and required handicapped facilities and help with luggage, etc. It was a great place and we would recommend it highly! Larry even drove us down to the local eating place for the breakfast--what wonderful people!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I had to jump thru hoops to get a reservation because I needed an accessible room for someone in a wheelchair. Larry asked me why I wanted to stay at the Edison which truly put me on the defensive. The one accessible room was not available for the dates I wanted. Larry told me to call back with other dates. When I did he gave me a run around about it being a busy time and asked me to call back with new dates. I called back with new dates and left detailed voicemails 2 times. He never returned my calls. I think Larry is very selective about the people he chooses to occupy the rooms at the inn. I hate to say it, but people with a disabilities must not be acceptable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
EdisonStreetInn, General Manager at ForFriends Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
While we always make a sincere attempt to accomodate everyone, we realize that this goal is not always realized, as it appears so in this review. The Inn has a nice ADA room on the first floor with a private entrance and secluded patio. The room is cozy, often requested by returning non-ADA guests, and subsequently not available on most occasions, as was the case when this reviewer called to reserve it.
The reviewer indicated they wanted to book with us as "their friends" had told the reviewer that the Inn was a wonderful place to stay and had a nice ADA room. The reviewer became upset when the requested dates were not available and suggested that we involuntarily move the guest who had booked the room to another room. The reviewer also stated they would "pay" extra to have this done. We advised the reviewer that this request would not adhere to Inn policies to provide prospective guests with requested accomodations. We also advised the reviewer that we felt this request was unethical from a business perspective and politely refused to further deal with the reviewer.
We stand by our decision to refrain from engaging in further conversation with the reviewer, though we had received additional calls demanding accomodation. In reality, we chose to channel our communicative energy toward all the wonderful guests who have stayed with us and those who are planning a future stay.
While the review states the reviewer "stayed here July 2011" they were never a guest at this establishment.
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

A truly beautiful place. Larry, the owner and innkeeper is so attentive and kind. I stayed in the Bonanza Bungalow for 3 nights and it was absolutely wonderful. This the perfect wine country getaway. You can walk everywhere, go running, ride your bike or just relax in your own porch at the inn.

I can't wait to go back!

Thank you, Larry!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to ForFriends Inn? Share your experiences!