“great hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Santa Ynez
simi valley
“great hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We just got back from the casino stay we were going to stay one night but ended up staying two . It was great and even came home with some winning. we will be back an soon.

• Liked — room were clean and staff was great
  • Disliked — nonething
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

First off, I have never written a review of a hotel. I feel compelled to in this case in order to warn anyone from making the mistake of staying at this liar-infested dump. Prior to leaving for this place, I called in advance to confirm availability and to confirm my reservation to eat at the Willows Restaurant which is on the property. Because I had been there before and had comp points, I was PROMISED that the room and dinner would be comp'ed (free). This was the incentive to go there in the first place. So when we arrived, we went to the Host's Office just to confirm the comps and were PROMISED that indeed the room and dinner would be com'ped. So off we went to dinner at the Willows which was mediocre at best (very slow service and very salty food). When I received the bill, I advised the waiter that the meal was to be comp'ed. So he checked with the Host to confirm and promptly told me that the meal would not be comp'ed. So at that point I asked the Hostess, Monica, why not. She LIED and stated that at no time was the meal to be comp'ed. She said that no staff member had ever promised anything! She LIED through her teeth. I then asked the main supervisor, Charity, why I would not get the comps that were promised to me and all she did was shove a complaint form in my face and very sarcastically told me to fill it out - which I did. So, I was LIED to by the staff even though I was PROMISED that the meal would be comp'ed- not once but twice! In addition the room which I had reserved was somehow unavailable and I was offered a substitute room at an offsite property in Solvang! I have never been lied to in this way by any hotel and I urge anyone reading this review to avoid this den of liars at all costs! I was also told by Charity that I never had a host assigned to me even though I was previously assigned a host, Nansy, who had previously arranged DOZENS of prior comps! In short, if you want to be lied to and cheated, go ahead and go to this first class, second-rate, dump but know that you have been strongly cautioned not to!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The rooms are DIRTY.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Santa Ynez hotels

ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

we had a lot of fun there the food was supurb service perfect--just a great place

Stayed December 2007
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

Beautiful, luxurious, excellent stay all around.

• Liked — The spa is excellent!
  • Disliked — The pool could be bigger
  • Stayed September 2005, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

I am a frequent guest of the hotel, spa and casino. The staff is exceptional, caring for each guest as if they were the only one in the hotel. The hotel rooms are very clean; I utilize the spa facilities at each visit and could not ask for a more competent massage therapist. As a casino guest I am always impressed with the staff.

Customer service is alive and well and delivered by the staff of Chumash Hotel and Casino Thank you to Chumash and their staff for providing a great hotel and casino experience.

Patricia W

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

Aug. 12 & 13 07,

We have stayed at Chumash about 10 times, we have always had a good time. The people are very friendly, the hotel is new and very clean and the room decor is awsome and comfy. Pool area is always clean with fresh towels and free bottle water. This is a peaceful kind of place. Continal. breakfast in the morning gotta love that. The Casino however is busy. In a seperate building steps from hotel. The buffet is just ok, the cafe food is good, but the Willows is a yummy rest. with very good food. $$$ No drinking alchol in casino just in Willows. Casino have plenty of free coffee. water. soft drinks. get yourself for free. That worked for me just fine. Lots of slots and tables, but it does get busy. Solvang is just down the road about 5 mins. One of my favorite places to visit. Lots of knick knacks from denmark. Plenty of rest. to eat at there so you don't have to eat at casino. However that is pretty much it, you are kind of in the middle of nowhere. One small grocery store well stocked . We love it and will return. We take our 12 year old son sometimes, and we always feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

We just stayed a night at this hotel. The staff was very courteous and friendly. We found the room to be fine. We got a AAA discount and then joined the casino club and got an extra discount off the room so the rate was quite good. The bed was comfortable, sheets and pillows were soft. So were the robes. Nice deep bathtub too. The layout of the place was a bit weird. Why would you have balcony rooms overlook the parking valet service/main entrance? Probably because they want you in the casino, which was PACKED. We couldnt believe a Sunday night would be so crowded. Honestly, it was a boring casino. And no drinks on the floor. No bar in the whole place which was weird. The cocktail reception from 6-8 was pretty good though with lots of appetizers. We hardly had to eat dinner.

Overall, we might stay here again if we could get the same good discounts. If not, I'd go for somewhere with a little more charm.

• Liked — Comfotable bed. Nice deep bathtub.
  • Disliked — No bar/drinks in casino.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Chumash Casino Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!