“Food good, atmosphere not” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 17 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Italian
Newbury Park, California
“Food good, atmosphere not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The food was very good but the place is very small and noisy. The seats are not very comfortable. We will go back but I would recommend going during the weekday when it is not so crowded and noisy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Algonquin, Illinois
“Outstanding meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a fantastic meal at S Y Kitchen in Santa Ynez. Our server was excellent and made lots of recommendations. All the food was great from the roasted chicken to the fish and pasta. The homemade chocolate gelato with caramelized bananas is wonderful. They also have a nice selection of wine. This was one of the best meals of our trip!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh amazing food, fun atmosphere! Go Go Go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our party of six LOVED this place. Three of us got the pasta special, which included eggplant and burrata cheese. It was fantastic. Guys got the lamb chops and the sea bass. Both got rave reviews. I had the grilled veggies as a starter. They were perfectly cooked and really flavorful. My husband had the beed salad, which was marinated shaved beets... yummy!! This place has a fun atmosphere and is hopping busy! The servers/staff are great and they really hustle. I was extremely impressed. Out the door, our dinner was $85/couple. We brought one bottle of wine ($15 corkage). Make reservations.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Good not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Well between the 2 of us we had one good meal....her beet salad was terrific and my char was very good. But her pasta was flat and my tomato soup was $14! It was the special soup of the day! We won't go back

Visited July 2013
Santa Ynez, CA
“Newest Santa Ynez restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were excited to try this new restaurant in our town. It had some good and some not so good features. The service was great; food pretty good. However, for my preference, if I am spending those prices I don't want to be in a noisy bar (and one person stood with his back to me talking to someone while I was eating). So if I go back, it will be to request the dining room side.

• Visited June 2013