My daughter and I found this place for lunch about a month ago. We really loved the food. So much so in fact, that we decided to have them cater her baby shower. Although the sandwiches for the shower were excellent, the service was appalling. Here's what happened:
1. I left my number for manager Amy to call me re catering. I was told Amy would call me on Monday (this was a Saturday).
2. When I called on Wednesday, Amy said they lost the number. I placed a tentative order after discussing what I'd like. Amy told me that the price would be between $180 and $200 for 25-30 people, but would get back to me later today with a final price.
3. Three days later I called back after not hearing anything (I should have bailed at this point). Amy apologized stating that she's "so flaky" and that she was sorry that she hadn't called me back. She then went on to quote me $400 for sandwiches because the imported ham was so expensive. I told her that this was twice what she originally quoted, and that I can't pay that much money for sandwiches. We then negotiated $230 for 20 assorted sandwiches cut in half. Still pretty expensive if you ask me. I went along with it because at this point, the date was fast approaching and I don't live in town so researching new places wasn't possible. I clearly confirmed the date and time of pick up with her.
4. The morning of the shower, I called Amy and she said that she thought the date was in September. REALLY!?!?!?! I was beyond infuriated. She promised that the food would be ready on time. The stress this caused was tremendous.
5. When my son in law went to pick the sandwiches up, he was charged an additional $30 for "tax". Amy should have included this in the quote.
The sandwiches were delicious. However, the process in getting them was a nightmare. Amy did call me a week later to apologize which I appreciated, and offered me a free lunch to make up for my bad experience. However, I don't plan to ever visit Baker'sTable again. Way too negative an experience.
If you own or manage The Bakers Table, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.