“Fun Place with Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edison Street
Transit: Bus stop 50 feet away.
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
“Fun Place with Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I went to dinner while staying at the nearby ForFriends Inn, and had a great meal! The porkchop was fantastic, tender, moist. My favorite, though, was the brussel sprouts and fresh vegetable platter. Or it was my favorite, until dessert. Wow.

This is an upbeat place to meet friends and have a great meal. The servers were experienced, fun, efficient, and offered great tips. It was a Sunday, so we unfortunately didn't have entertainment, but will certainly take advantage of the varied artists during a future visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Santa Ynez, California
“Good, but could use a few more choices at lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

As a Valley resident I was excited to have another restaurant opening in town. My husband and I have dined at Ranch and Reata 3 times now so I feel I can give a fair review. The restaurant itself is spacious and has an open western decor. The bar is amazing and the wine selection is fantastic. Our experience with dinner was good but not amazing. Our first visit we ordered the tacos and the cowboy sundae. The sundae is a little hard to eat and messy especially since it comes in a mason jar and there was no plate under it. They also let you keep the jar, I was just hoping for a clean jar. Not the one that had my leftovers in it. I was happy to hear that they were adding a lunch menu since up until now they are serving off of the dinner menu only. I was hoping for maybe a sandwich or salad option to be added. Last week while there the server showed us the "new" menu which is basically the same but with one salad and one entree added. She did tell us we could order a salad or caesar chicken salad anytime, just ask. If that is the case I wish they would just put it on the menu. I think we will wait until they get some of the kinks worked out to go again.

Visited October 2012