“An Ultimate Retreat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santa Ynez
Pacific Grove, California
“An Ultimate Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

My stay for both business and leisure exceeded all expectations at this jewel of an Inn. From the moment I arrived I felt so pampered. My room was an oasis filled with wonderful amenities, even a morning paper arrives. I was able to have a very enjoyable breakfast meeting that featured Italian-style Eggs Benedict one morning and the best huevos rancheros the next all complimented by amazing pastries and my favorite a big bowl of fruit, a variety of juices and delicious coffee. In the evening there is wine and hors d'oevres followed by a surprise dessert and coffee. I really enjoyed my in room coffee service while preparing for my day and taking along one of the bottled waters offered was really helpful. Easy parking and walking to some of the valley's finest restaurants and local shopping are an added plus. But making this stay so enjoyable is the remarkable staff. They are so friendly and helpful. I truly did not want for a thing. But had I, I know this super staff would have been right on top it. I did not want to leave but I am already looking forward to my next stay to include some jacuzzi time and a massage.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I couldn't find a reasonably priced hotel in S. Barbara that didn't have a lot of negative reviews (there are several former motels which "hooked up" and now advertise themselves as hotels, along with lots of B&Bs, which means noisy/no sleep), and I had no interest in fancy chain hotels, so I expanded my search and id'd this promising gem. It cost more than the ones I'd looked at, and wasn't nearly as close to my business appt., but it looked like an oasis in the desert.

My positive first impression, with the young lady who handled my phone reservation, was reinforced when I arrived, having driven from S. Francisco. My room was spacious and lovely. The fireplace was inviting, although the weather was hot while I was there, and the bathroom was equivalent to any I've encountered; and I've stayed at luxe hotels here and abroad. I immediately went down to the wine and hors d'ouvres. High quality, and the manager, Rick, poured the wine and made a point of greeting every guest. I didn't pass up the later to-die-for dessert (coconut cake) and coffee.

The made to order breakfast, served in the elegant dining room, was delicious. I longed to enjoy the leisurely pace, but I had to be at a meeting, so the host had my order served asap. I had trouble printing materials for my biz presentation via the Inn's wireless connection, and Rick went out of his way to spend a lot of time helping me out.

I'd planned to stay only 1 night, but after a long day, driving back north, I headed back to the Inn for a 2d night. The steam shower was amazing. The staff had saved a plate for a guest who was late for the wine/snack service! The service is 5 star, and at least during my visit, most of the guests were chatty and interesting and gracious. I research hotels almost endlessly these days, because it is so easy to do. My effort was rewarded with this "find." Can't wait to go back! Rick runs a class operation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

The Santa Ynez Inn is a wonderful place to stay while in Santa Barbara wine country. It's location is perfect for hitting Solvang, Los Olivos and area wineries. The Inn is located on a quiet street, so light sleepers have nothing to worry about. The staff (both Jessica and Christina) are professional, pleasant and extremely helpful with any requests. The rooms are clean and well appointed with LCD/Plasma screen TV, DVD players and beautiful bathrooms. There is an extensive list of DVDs that are offered to guests for free to watch during your stay. The pre-dinner wine and cheese hour was delightful and the dessert hour was also excellent. Breakfast was good, however, I have had much better in other B&Bs. If you are expecting a small and intimate B&B, this probably isn't the place for you since there are about 20 rooms here. However, if you want a more personal feeling hotel, this place offers the perfect balance between a hotel and B&B.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

One word... Wow.

Awesome area, great spacious rooms and fantastic breakfasts. One of the few hotels that provided the luxury of home while being on the road. They provide wine and appetizers in the evening. If you go, make sure to check out the Italian restaurant next door -- the chef is truly Italian and very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2010
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

The Santa Ynez Inn is new Inn with all the amenities you could wish for but with Victorian charm. The service was top notch. Included hors d'oevres with wine tasting at 5 pm and desserts at 8:30 pm were wonderful. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful as well. All this is served in a beautifully decorated dining room. Every detail of this hotel was addressed and attended to. Our room was beautiful and romantic and inclued fireplace, balcony and had a large whirlpool tub and steam shower. All in all, it was a fantastic experience. We will certainly revisit the Inn whenever we are able. A real treasure and pleasure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

beautiful place for a romantic getaway or wedding. In the middle of wine country and within 15 minutes of all nearby wineries. I would listen to their recommendations for local restaurants and wineries. They could make reservations for you and get appointment to private wineries. Demetria Winery a 100% must see. Breakfast included and very good. Wine and cheese before dinner hour before dinner very good. Dessert hour after dinner acceptable although no chocolate and only one choice. Overall relaxing and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

It's not often that I rave about a hotel but this place is special. Santa Ynes a great base for exploring the wine country and I can't imagine a more elegant place to stay. The staff are professional, courteous and very helpful. We booked though Travel Zoo and my wife and I were amazed at the value for money. I could go on to describe more but one thing is certain, you can believe everything that you read on the website and not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Ynez Inn? Share your experiences!