“Worthwhile trip...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 26 Activities in Santa Ynez
Type: Biking Trails, Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day Tours with gourmet picnic lunch and wine tasting in the beautiful Santa Barbara Wine Country. Bike rentals and self guided route planning available. Multi-day all inclusive cycling vacations weekly.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worthwhile trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Took the tour with a large group and had a very good time. The guides were personable, entertaining and responsible. Guide Hallie drove us to and from the biking site and provided insight into the flora and fauna of the region during the drives. She was eager to share her enthusiasm for all there is to do in and around Santa Barbara and the Santa Ynez valley. Not being a wine connoisseur, I can't really speak to the quality wines we tasted at three wineries, but the atmosphere of each was very nice. The biking equipment and instruction provided by the guides was very solid. If you have the time to escape from all there is to do in Santa Barbara, I recommend taking this trip to the Santa Ynez with this outfit for some cycling and sampling.

Visited May 2014

Danbury, Connecticut
“It's a Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My now husband and I booked this tour and fortunately we were the only ones, so it ended up being a private tour (score). Guides were great, the bike ride was fun & effortless. The prepared lunch ended up being romantic and special. I still have my water bottle several years later that I use everyday. Would love to do it again some day.

Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was searching for a multi-day biking tour near Santa Barbara for my husband, 24 year old son and me. After much research, I chose this one. It was perfect! We rode through beautiful areas with perfect California weather. The wineries were lovely. We tasted good wine after delicious lunches. Everyone at Santa Barbara Wine Country Cycling was so helpful and knowledgeable. What a great experience!

Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Helpful, Friendly, Knowledgeable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We rented road bikes from Santa Barbara Wine Country Cycling Day Tours. Before renting I was concerned that they wouldn't be as friendly because we weren't getting the entire package. They were fabulous.

They took time to understand our biking ability touring interests. They pointed out 3 route options that fit. We were very happy with the route. We went 60 miles and visited 5 wineries. They were also helpful in directing us to some nice wineries.

The equipment is in very good condition and well-maintained. We had no problems whatsoever and they took the time necessary to adjust the bikes to fit us.

I recommend them for bikes or the entire guided experience. You can't go wrong.

PS - A tip for new visitors. The wine country is 45 minutes from Santa Barbara, right were SBWCCDT's is located so you can plan accordingly.

Visited October 2013
Cromwell, Connecticut
“Wonderful bike tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I were searching for a multi-day cycle tour in CA, other than the northern CA area. Neither of us had experienced the Central Coast, and wanted to experience it on bike. We found the Santa Barbara Wine Country Cycling Tour Co. on line. After a couple of conversations with Tim Gorham, the owner, we were sold. We booked a 5-day mid-August tour for the Santa Ynez and Santa Barbara areas. Tim and his guides were personable, accommodating and so knowledgeable about cycling, but also, cycling in the area. We had fun with them and every day was a new adventure. Our lunches were healthy, abundant and artfully presented. The accommodations were luxurious-a welcome end to a day of cycling. If you love cycling, and enjoy wine/viticulture in whatever capacity, this is the group with which to do it. It was the perfect cycling experience!

Visited August 2013