“Chaotic but great beer” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Seattle, Washington
“Chaotic but great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

They don't really seem to have a system for their waiting list but it's a college town brewery so I guess they don't have to. The food is good but they have some weird thing about filling only their own growler, my buddies and I were on motorcycles and didn't want to haul glass growlers back to Seattle especially since 3/4 already had RRB growlers.

Visited June 2014

San Jose
“The best beer in the country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you have never heard of Russian River Brewing Company, then you must not know that they make the two top beers in the country, "Pliny the Elder" and "Pliny the Younger", based on the amount of awards those beers have received. Basically, this brewery is the best in the country, and there are those that argue it is the best in the world. Just visiting this brewery alone justifies a trip to Santa Rosa.

I have been traveling to Santa Rosa and visiting this brewery consistently over the last three years. If you read my other reviews here on the site, I know Santa Rosa very well and consider it my second home. As the demand for beer from Russian River has grown, the amount of people coming to visit the brewery has grown. It used to only get very busy on weekend evenings. Now it is busy all day, every day, including in the off season, which is winter time.

The brewery is a small restaurant with a big bar: they have all their beers on tap, and they have several "guest" taps of other breweries from the region. They serve some of the best pub food in the area, especially the pizza. A typical wait for a seat at the bar or a table in the restaurant can be as long as two hours on a weekend. During a release weekend, expect lines of several hours.

Coming to eat and drink at Russian River Brewing is an experience. It's not "just another bar" or "just another brewery." This is THE brewery. Arrive early, expect to wait, and be patient. If you do this, you will have an experience that is unparalleled if you are a beer drinker. That the food is good, that the people are great, and that the atmosphere is fun are all bonuses. It's loud, crowded, and amazing. If you're anywhere in the wine country, clear an evening and go for a visit. You won't regret it!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Cruz, California
“Not a beer drinker but still enjoyed myself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Went here to go "beer tasting" I'm not a beer drinker and was told to go "tasting" to find something I like. After all, there's something for everyone. Although I tasted half the board I didn't find anything I liked. I like the food though, and the legged sister was warming up outside so we had lovely entertainment. Didn't love the service because when I asked if they served a cider I got a dirty look from the bartender. Sorry, I didn't know that was bad bee manners to ask. When I visited the Guiness factory in Dubin they had cider on tap...

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped here to have beer and wanted some dinner too. We ordered the pizza and it was excellent! The crust was thin and crispy and the sauce ,cheese and pepperoni were really good too. This was one of our favorite pizzas on our entire trip. I would recommend the pizza here to anyone.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kula, Hawaii
“Super crowded with a great selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The bar is always super crowded. We went in just to try a couple glass of beer. We had the stout: a little bit of a bite but, very smooth going down. Wish we had time to try a flight. Maybe next time.