“Convenient and affordable place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa

You added Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa to your Saves list
Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2632 Cleveland Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Marina, California
“Convenient and affordable place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I encountered no problems on my recent weekend stay at the Santa Rosa Vagabond Inn. The hotel is conveniently located and is easily accessible from/to Highway 101. The check in/check out process was fast. The staff was attentive. There were plenty of parking spaces available. My room was very basic but clean. There is a good diner steps from the hotel's entrance. I got exactly what I paid for and would recommend this hotel to any budget minded traveler who is looking for a clean and affordable place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was probably the worst stay I have ever had in a motel/hotel. The room was disgusting with vomit stains in the bathroom and public hair on the toilet seat. There were spiders in the room & the bed smelled really funky. Then at 3:30 in the morning there was a fight in the hallway that had to be broken up by the cops & paramedics came. We really regretting staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This hotel was booked by someone else in my family while on a family trip through Santa Rosa. They got to the hotel earlier than my husband and I did and went to a wedding. When my husband and I arrived our room was filthy. The moment we walked in there was a very strong smell of beer and cigarette smoke. We went to open the window to air it out and there was no screen. When we pulled the covers back on the bed I noticed a large brown stain on the side of my mattress. There were only two flat pillows on our bed and no extra ones in the room. The carpet and cloth chairs in our room were dirty and stained. We just couldn't stay in that room. We left our luggage in the room while we went out looking for a place to eat. We ended up on a better half of Santa Rosa and found a great restaurant and stopped by a Hilton hotel and after speaking to the man at the desk he did offer us a room which we gladly took. We emailed our family to let them know we weren't spending the night at the Vagabond because of its filth. They said their room was ok because they were getting back late from the wedding so they wouldn't be spending much time there. We went back to get our luggage and left. I wanted to complain but my husband just wanted to leave. The next morning we had to pay our family $150 for our share of the Vagabond. That inn isn't worth $2.00 a night. Let's just say "you get what you pay for" and that was the biggest waste of our money our whole trip!!!! Stay away

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

If I could give zero rating I would. Two of us stayed here over night during a road trip, the shower drain was clogged, the shower in the room next to us had no hot water. The blow dryer didn't work and the Wi-Fi didn't work.
Regardless of all that, I accidentally forgot a few hundred dollars worth of jewelry in our room and when I called back 1 hour later they insisted I wait until the room cleaning make it to the room we stayed in. After calling back 3 times they began to screen my call and after 2.5 hours of trying to communicate with the terrible management and rude clerk they informed us that the jewelery was never found there.
Just don't ever stay there. It isn't even a bargain price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a really hard time finding any motel in Santa Rosa and were willing to pay the price for this place -- until we saw the room. The air conditioner worked for about an hour and then was totally dysfunctional the rest of the time we were there; there was no fan or ventilation in the bathroom; most of the furnishings were obviously castoffs from some other out-of-business motel. There wasn't even a sign on the front door to the lobby, or over the front carport at the entrance. And it cost probably twice as much as a Motel 6, which was right next door. If only I had known...

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have refrigerators - make sure to check first.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Basic needs are met in this hotel but nothing more. The room is quite spacious, however, and the sink is separate from the shower and toilet which is practical when more than one person is staying there. The breakfast which is included in the price is fair at best: bagels, bread, pastries, 2 cold cereals, instant hot cereal, apples and bananas (if you're lucky - there was no fruit at all for 1 of the 4 days I stayed there), coffee, hot water for tea, and some juices. There's a TV with bad reception on in the breakfast room. It was nice to have a pool but it wasn't heated. When a friend called me at the hotel and asked for me by name, he was told there was no one there by that name!!! It was quite hot so the A/C goes on and off all the time and is noisy but at least you can keep the room at the temperature you want.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I found this place very nice no complain, clean and specious room
Breakfast was good better then your regular continental breakfast they have oatmeal cereal fruits bagels and muffin pastry etc
I will be back in a month

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!