“OK place to explore the area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa

Save Saved
You added Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa to your Saves list
Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2632 Cleveland Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Diego, California
“OK place to explore the area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This an OK place to explore the area - nothing much to do at the property - does have a small pool. Service could be better and it would enhance the experience. Double bed, fridge, microwave, cable TV, coffee machine, free Wi-Fi, simple breakfast

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan A, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for posting such a thorough review of your stay with us, we appreciate such detailed feedback.

It is always our wish that our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing experience while staying with us and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations in this and that service was an issue for you which prevented you from a relaxing stay.

Please let me know if you ever decide to come back we’d love to have the opportunity to make a better experience for you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moffett Field, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My company travels quite often! Last year we were on the road for 8 of 12 months! So suffice it to say we have been to quite a lot of hotels!

We chose the Vagabond at the suggestion of the CVB after discussing our need for a reasonable price in Wine Country during the Harvest Period for 20 rooms.

From the start of our contract with the hotel we received great customer service and attention to detail even when discussing the needs of our group. Through many rooming list changes, Ryan Abbott, the Manager, was able to keep up with us and process our requests as they changed.

The rooms did their job! we had a fridge and microwave in each room. We had comfortable beds, clean sheets, and even a welcome note from the hotel.

Ultimately I know that how I feel about where we stay is not the determining factor of if the company will stay there again. Luckily, each of our crew members enjoyed their stay. The only thing they mentioned at all was that the shower heads were a bit lower than normal. Beyond that The Crew staying there was in love with the location. The Cafe in front of the hotel had great food, The mall half a block down had a good bar to watch the Giants Games and the Whole foods even had a Tap room.

I am looking forward to our next trip up to Santa Rosa because I know that I have a great place for our crew to stay at a reasonable cost. With 20 people to please, I don't often find a hotel that covers everyones wants and desires. I'm glad we found the Vagabond Inn and we are looking forward to going back and see their upcoming renovations!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ryan A, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for posting such a nice review of your stay with us, we appreciate such positive feedback.

It is always our wish that our guests have an enjoyable and relaxing experience while staying with us and I am so glad to hear our staff met your needs.

We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Riverbank, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were very displeased, to say the least, with the experience we had at this hotel. I called in advance to confirm my reservation and to see if it was possible to check in early since we had an engagement to be at before their designated check in time. My reservation was confirmed and I was told to call back the day of to see if we would be able to check in early. I called the morning of and was told to come in and they would let me know if we would be able to check in at that time. We showed up to the hotel at Noon and were told they didn't have any clean rooms at that time, we get it this happens, no big deal. We asked if they had a restroom we could use to get ready, since we had driven 3 hours that morning to get to the hotel to have enough time to change before our obligations that afternoon. The two ladies at the front desk kindly let my husband and I get dressed in the restroom in the breakfast room. I specifically asked them at that time if there would be someone there later that night to check us in since we wouldn't be able to make it back until late, they assured me someone would be there.

My husband and I showed up to the hotel at about 10:30pm only to be told that there were no rooms available! We were exhausted and in no shape to drive 3 hours home, which is why we had made reservations in the first place. The guy at the desk didn't have much to say and I asked him what we were supposed to do and he gave me your card and said that we would be refunded for not staying at your hotel and that you would pay for an alternate hotel room for us that night. Not being from the area, our phones being dead and our GPS being dead we were kind of at the mercy of the guy at the desk. I asked if he knew of a place that had a room available in the area...he printed out a list of local hotels and handed it to me, I asked which would have a room available and he directed us to the Hampton Inn & Suites.

Upon arriving at the Hampton Inn & Suites we were told that they didn't have any rooms available and that they had been booked for a while. We explained to them the situation we were thrown into and they were more than hospitable in the time we were there. They offered us coffee, called around to see if there were rooms available within 50 miles of where we were and told us we could rest in there lobby for a while before we got on the road. (I would reccommend staying at the HAMPTON INN & SUITES if you are ever in the area.)

My husband called the manager of the hotel that night, which I don't think went very well, but what would you do if you were in our shoes??? Not once did you take responsibility for the "computer glitch" nor were we given a courtesy call to let us know of this computer glitch until we had arrived and at that point we were ready to crawl into bed.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan A, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
This comment was quite a shock to our property, it made us relook at how we were doing things and serving our guest. I want to thank the person that posted the comment for helping bring these issues to our attention and in doing so giving up the opportunity to fix the problems. I am the new General Manager for the property and assure you guest service is the top priority.

Again, I thank the person that posted this comment for helping us and hope they (and you) will give as an opportunity to serve you all again.

Thanks you,
Ryan Abbott
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were travelling around California and this was the very first place I booked on our two week trip. We did not have high expectations based on the price we paid. We got in really late at night...exhausted...As soon as I opened the door I knew we were in for some fun. The bathroom sink was right by the door. The room was clean, just old. Walls were thin and fixtures were old. We stayed there for 4 nights and by the end of it I was sad to leave. Not a bad place to stay if you want to check out this wonderful part of the country on a small budget. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick J, Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I appreciate your review. I'm glad you had a good time at the hotel and in Santa Rosa. Why spend all your money on a hotel room, when you can spend having fun at the wineries, and other events, right? We hope to see you again in the future.

Patrick Jordan
Doha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

overall it is alright to stay here for an affordable rate. room is good except that the carpet is old.
I agree with the review from NatureGurl, that the housekeeping makes a noise cleaning the corridor (or maybe nearby room)as early as 9am. I understand that they wanted to do their job well, however I don't find it necessary to for them to knock our doors everyday to tidy up our room.
I was a bit annoyed today despite of having a Do Not Disturb sign, one of the housekeeping attendant knocked on my door and I was still sleeping. But was nice of her to apologize.

I strongly suggest the management to train your housekeeping staff on Do No Not Disturb sign.and make your signage a bit bigger.

the loud banging of doors is the most uncomfortable part of our stay. this should not be blamed from the housekeeping attendants. however, it is the type of door that this Inn have. the wooden doors are too heavy and the rooms are not properly insulated.

good thing I was out for the first 5 days of my stay.i wouldn't suggest guests to check in to the hotel if you just wanted to rest/sleep in your room the whole day.

Plus points: free coffee, tea and water (with lemon) at the lobby
Vending machines available
sam's cafe situated in front of the Inn accessible for breakfast, lunch and dinner
More hiccups: swimming pool does not have heater. The water is too cold. I wasn't able to use during my 7 night stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Patrick J, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thanks for your review. We are making sure the noise starts later and Do Not Disturb signs are honored. We've hired some new housekeepers and they may not have understood how important our guest's relaxation time is to us. Rest assured that they do now.

We have plans to upgrade our room carpeting in the near future. Hopefully that's something you will see the next time you are here. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thanks again.

Patrick Jordan

Been to Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!