“Just can't beat the price....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa

Save Saved
You added Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa to your Saves list
Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2632 Cleveland Ave., Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #24 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just can't beat the price....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We were travelling around California and this was the very first place I booked on our two week trip. We did not have high expectations based on the price we paid. We got in really late at night...exhausted...As soon as I opened the door I knew we were in for some fun. The bathroom sink was right by the door. The room was clean, just old. Walls were thin and fixtures were old. We stayed there for 4 nights and by the end of it I was sad to leave. Not a bad place to stay if you want to check out this wonderful part of the country on a small budget. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick J, Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I appreciate your review. I'm glad you had a good time at the hotel and in Santa Rosa. Why spend all your money on a hotel room, when you can spend having fun at the wineries, and other events, right? We hope to see you again in the future.

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Doha
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

overall it is alright to stay here for an affordable rate. room is good except that the carpet is old.
I agree with the review from NatureGurl, that the housekeeping makes a noise cleaning the corridor (or maybe nearby room)as early as 9am. I understand that they wanted to do their job well, however I don't find it necessary to for them to knock our doors everyday to tidy up our room.
I was a bit annoyed today despite of having a Do Not Disturb sign, one of the housekeeping attendant knocked on my door and I was still sleeping. But was nice of her to apologize.

I strongly suggest the management to train your housekeeping staff on Do No Not Disturb sign.and make your signage a bit bigger.

the loud banging of doors is the most uncomfortable part of our stay. this should not be blamed from the housekeeping attendants. however, it is the type of door that this Inn have. the wooden doors are too heavy and the rooms are not properly insulated.

good thing I was out for the first 5 days of my stay.i wouldn't suggest guests to check in to the hotel if you just wanted to rest/sleep in your room the whole day.

Plus points: free coffee, tea and water (with lemon) at the lobby
Vending machines available
sam's cafe situated in front of the Inn accessible for breakfast, lunch and dinner
More hiccups: swimming pool does not have heater. The water is too cold. I wasn't able to use during my 7 night stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Patrick J, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thanks for your review. We are making sure the noise starts later and Do Not Disturb signs are honored. We've hired some new housekeepers and they may not have understood how important our guest's relaxation time is to us. Rest assured that they do now.

We have plans to upgrade our room carpeting in the near future. Hopefully that's something you will see the next time you are here. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thanks again.

Norco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Either the management paid attention to all the negative reviews and did a major 180 or there are some seriously picky people staying at the Vagabond Inn in Santa Rosa. We stayed 3 nights and it was comfy and more than adequate. Mind you we were only in the room long enough to sleep and shower in the morning. The non-smoking room did smell like ages of smoke embedded into the carpet and walls etc. I was prepared with a scented oil dealio that took the edge off and we opened the window:) The front desk folks were very polite and they allowed us to check in at 1245 instead of waiting until 3. That was most appreciated. We stayed on the first floor and so there was the noise of the neighbors above and on either side and the walls apre thin so you heard the children running up and down the halls... but it wasn't bothersome to us at all. The one complaint I have is that housekeeping makes A LOT of noise when cleaning. There was a TREMENDOUS amount of banging on walls and such when they cleaned the rooms. The morning i noticed it I actually thought it was my boyfriend messing with me pounding on the wall to hurry me up in the shower BUT turns out it was housekeeping in the room away from the shower wall. THAT's HOW LOUD IT WAS. I noticed it each morning when housekeeping was cleaning the surrounding room. Good thing I didnt want to sleep in or I would have been very irritated. One other slight gripe was we asked for 2 additional towels and they never came. We couldnt use the phone as it had no dial tone though it was plugged in. We called the front desk from our cell phone to request the towels but alas they never came. In reading the reviews I brought towels so it didnt inconvenience us all that much. The pillows are odd. They are a little larger than throw pillows but comfy. And I brought my own pillow also so it didnt effect me. The carpets are worn and a bit dirty but knowing that from previous reviews I brought my slippers. The single best thing I found for me personally was the ice water with lemon slices they kept available in the front office. So yummy and refreshing! Stay here if you aren't the pretentious type. Prices are very good here as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pay very close attention to these reviews, but it was probably a mix of both of those things. We are working with housekeeping to abate some of the noise. I'll also make sure our front desk employees are following up with our guests' requests. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks,

Camp Verde, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed from Saturday, checked out Monday. Most was extremely wonderful. One employee who was very rude, to the point of making my very mild mannered husband upset where he actually yelled at the woman. From the very first when we checked in the woman was very unfriendly. The rest of the staff were extremely friendly. The other front desk employees said that they always get complaints about Ginny. The rooms were very clean, up to date. Continental breakfast and free wifi. There was a letter from the manager on the wall in our asking for input if the front desk couldn't handle a situation. I did contact the manager about Ginny.

Room Tip: Restaurant on property, Sam's. Check it out very good food.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your input. I have spoken with Ginny, and impressed upon her the importance of taking care of our guests needs. Hopefully she will be more pleasant to the guests she serves from here on out. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Thanks,

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My stay at Vagabonds was okay. The service was great but I was moved around several times. First was the AC was not working, then I got moved to the last room on the opposite side of the building that room was not clean, towels on the floor, bed not made, etc. I was then moved the the last room where it was a little clean, garbage was still in the trash and soap was used already, one towel and a wash cloth was supplied in the room. Other than that the customer service was great, they were very polite.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
I'm sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay. We strive to make sure things like this don't happen, but apparently there was some miscommunication with housekeeping. We've taken steps to assure this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Been to Vagabond Inn Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!