“Great value, location and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
You added Hillside Inn to your Saves list
2901 Fourth St., Santa Rosa, CA 95409   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
california
“Great value, location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2006

This is our second visit to the Hillside Inn and we won't stay anywhere else. The owners are caring and considerate. They know the area and gave great directions. The inn has a lovely pool and the restaurant offered prompt, tasty meals at a reasonable price. It's very kid-friendly and yet, very quiet and private. There's a Safeway grocery store across the street and a park with a small lake and petting zoo within a mile of the motel. It's also close to wine country, and for the price, you can't beat it!!

• Liked — Nice clean rooms for a reasonable price
  • Disliked — nothing to speak of!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2006

I am a Santa Rosa local, and recently sent my parents, a renowned professor and my mom, recently having undergone open heart surgery, plus their show-bred collie (pets are allowed at the hotel) to the Hillside Inn as our home was undergoing major renovation.
When they arrived at the hotel on Saturday night, the manager noticed the pet, and forcibly commanded... yes very rudely confronted my father and commanded that he appear immediately at the front desk, where it was rudely and very abusively commanded that the pet be removed from the property immediately. There was no escalation, and the manager provided no Compromise, no Refund, and was frankly very confrontational. Dumbfounded, my father called, and fortunately we were able to make some room at my home a couple miles away. I would imagine that their options would have been somewhat limited considering that it was Saturday Eve in Wine Country.
My mother also reported some abuse to some poolside guests earlier in the day by the same gentleman.

It was truly the most bizarre experience my father has ever been through, a frequent world traveler. Because of the experience, the hotel has been reported to AAA and I am posting this anywhere I can on the Internet to warn those interested in staying in Santa Rosa to choose somewhere else, or to stay at your own risk

Bay Area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

First, we reserved a 'suite' based on the website floorplan description which portrays a kitchen in the suite. Once in our room, we found no kitchen. Upon inquiry, the owner proceeded to yell at me telling me that I needed to REQUEST a kitchen (even though they only advertise suites with kitchen's in them) and mid-conversation handed the phone to the front desk lady who was none the helpful. Ultimately, the owner expected us to request what he advertised as standard amenities, and our suite was just a large room, yet we got to pay for the advertised suite. The worst was yet to come.....the next day we get up to leave and because I had left valuables in the room we put the "Do not distrub" sign on the door and left. Upon return, they cleaning staff had entered, cleaned and moved my stuff. When I again called the front desk to ask why they had come into a room with the "Do not disturb" sign on the door the man again was rude, interruptive and yelled at me. Mid-conversion I heard a loud knocking on the door....guess who...that's right, it was the same man (owner) I thought I was still talking to on the phone!!! He yelled at us to get out if we didn't like his hotel and that 'our kind' was not welcome there. I will warn everyone I know about this pyscho who has no clue what customer service means and to top it off, the place was maybe equitable to Motel 6. So if you're looking to over pay, be disrespected and treated rudely, and have zero privacy, then this may be the place for you.

Florida's Gulf Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

We stayed five nights, and found the room to be spacious with a mini kitchen. The double beds were comfortable. Everything in the room, including the bath, was very clean. The grounds were well maintained, and the pool was nice, although the water temperature was a bit cool for our Floridian tastes! Would not hesitate to stay there again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2006

We put on a dog show every year in Santa Rosa & generally book all our rooms at the Flamingo Hotel. We decided to try a few rooms at the Hillside Inn. What a terrible expierence! The owner was very rude & not helpful at all. We will never send anyone to this place again.

Stayed May 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2006

I just had the worst experience possible at a hotel. Was yelled at by the manager on duty without any explantion. Was told to calm down (while he was yelling) just asking what the issue was. Said to come to the office, while on the way to the office was told "You're outta here" atleast 5 times. The amount of time I was there was just enough time to carry lugguage into the room. I would warn anyone to stay away.

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

We have stayed here several times and noted that it is a perfect place for trying out all the sights in this beautiful area. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the price is quite affordable. If you don't like the restaurant (several people did not in our group), there are many alternatives within walking distance. Highly recommended if you are looking for a clean, inexpensive, well-run place to stay.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Been to Hillside Inn? Share your experiences!