“In Santa Rosa, the place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hillside Inn

Hillside Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Save Saved
You added Hillside Inn to your Saves list
2901 Fourth St., Santa Rosa, CA 95409   |
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Red Bluff, CA
“In Santa Rosa, the place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Hillside Inn is an older motel but that should not deter anyone from booking a stay. We have stayed there three to five nights, four to six times a year over the past ten years or so. The motel is well maintained and efficiently managed. The rooms are clean, neat and are keep up to date with current fixtures. Rooms include a refrigerator. microwave oven and coffee maker. Some units include a kitchenette area.

The motel is conveniently located and accessible to nearby shopping and commercial facilities of the city. A well known and very popular restaurant is connected to the motel and serves breakfast and lunches with a gourmet touch.

While located on a major route into and out of the city, traffic has never been a noise or access problem.

Moderately priced for the area it is well worth considering for a night or multiday stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Not really sure why everyone is griping about Bob. When I visit Santa Rosa this is the only place I will stay. Two times in the past 12 years I have had a problem regarding a room and both times Bob took care of it. Bob has a vested interest in the Hillside; he's not just the manager but also the owner. He takes great pride in his property. Bob, you rock. I love this place, private, clean and cozy.

• Stayed September 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was hesitant to stay here due to all the reviews about a rude man. When I called, a woman answered the phone. She was not rude and was able to guarantee a room for me using my credit card information. When we arrived, she still had the room waiting for us and wasn't rude at all.

The only room they had left was a smoking room, so our room smelled less than clean. The beds looked clean and the tv was surprisingly nice quality. There is a kitchenette that is way older than me and a small dining table to go with it. The walls were thick enough to block out all neighbors. The air conditioner worked quite well, although a little loud. We had a balcony as well. The ceiling is also very sparkly. For the price, it's a decent night's sleep.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I rented a room from Hillsiade Inn for an International guest & from the get go the man at front desk gave me a hard time, he was rude & condensending. My guest was resting in his room & put the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN on door. The maid knocks on door saying she HAS TO clean room. My guest said no thank you...I have the sign on door. The maid leaves & comes back a few hours later & knocks again. This time my guest was bothered & asked her if she sees the sign on the door. She said yes but I'm told I have to clean so my guest goes to the front desk & talks to the man there explaining what happened. The front desk man tells my guest he is no longer welcomed there & to leave. My guest said he will not leave because we paid for the room & that was rude of him. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL...I USUALLY GO ELSEWHERE BUT ALL THE SURROUNDING HOTEL WERE BOOKED FOR THE DATES I NEEDED N THIS WAS THE ONLY PLACE AVAILABLE AT THE TIME....UNFORTUNATELY

• Stayed May 2014
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I called three months ago to book 3 rooms for end of July. The owner Bob told me nothing was available, he had no waiting list and to call back Mid May. He told me this info not by offering but by my pursuing options.
I called back last night and new person said rooms were available, gave me options and suggested I call owner Bob in am since she was new.
I called Bob, greeted him with Hi Bob, How are you today? and he said: what do you want?
I said I was just trying to be friendly but if he's not into that here's what I want- I gave him the history, my needs and he bluntly said "we are all booked with the Sonoma County Fair"
I said ok, told him he was rude and said good bye.
I will NEVER STAY AT THE HILLSIDE INN...no matter how inexpensive and convenient location wise it is.
I have booked my family at The Palms In where they are friendly, helpful and, accomodating .
The rooms at The Palms Inn look much nicer that The Hillside Inn anyway.
I tyravel to Santa Rosa regularly and Bob just lost a lot of business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

omg I just tried to book a room, and give this guy a credit card because I would be coming in past 6pm. He told me to call him, and prefer not to guarantee my room! and then advised if I didn't like my option I should stay somewhere else! What poor customer service over the phone and floored he wont hold a room! very rude

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This motel in Santa Rosa was built around 1965 and is still in good condition. It has the U-shaped horizontal style surrounding a swimming pool that was popular at that time. The owner still runs it as if it was 1965 and you get a handwritten receipt with "Paid" stamped on it. You can stay here for under $100 a night. The restaurant is a bit pricier than Denny's but my wife says the quality is better.

It is a twenty-mile scenic drive down Highway 12 through lush countryside and wineries here and there to Sonoma. Then it is a ten-mile scenic drive to Napa through the same type of countryside. Sonoma is less of a tourist trap and has the best winery to visit which is Buena Vista, the oldest winery in the whole area, and about a mile east of historic downtown Sonoma down East Napa Street.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hillside Inn? Share your experiences!