“Diamond in the Rough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillside Inn

Hillside Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Save Saved
You added Hillside Inn to your Saves list
2901 Fourth St., Santa Rosa, CA 95409   |
Ranked #15 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed at the Hillside Inn in Santa Rosa recently for vacation. We made last minute reservations here, after someone in our large group suggested we stay there. I called to reserve my room, only a few days before my arrival date. The very nice lady on the phone said, "what time will you be here?". Well, I thought I would be arriving around 3pm on my check-in day, so I told her. She said, "ok, we will hold the room for you, just call us if you're going to be late". I was a bit concerned as the only piece of information I had given her was my name and my arrival date. But, I decided to go with it and trust I would have a room once I arrived. I wasn't disappointed! The Hillside Inn looks to be an older establishment. However my room could not have been
cleaner or more spacious!
The beds were very comfortable as well. We also dined at the restaurant located on the property and it was very good. I would definitely recommend The Hillside Inn, I will be calling soon to reserve my room for next year!

• Stayed August 2013

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Orangevale
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We needed a place to stay for one night and everything was booked for the marathon that weekend. This place did not take electronic reservations which had me a little nervous, but sure enough our reservation did hold (they will release it after 4pm unless you call with a credit card). It was a GREAT price for the area and had a 2-room suite for our kids where a lot of the hotels put a limit on just 2 kids. The kitchen part of the suite was locked and when I asked about it they said it was an extra charge. I went back to the website and saw where I missed that, but it was only like $4 to have access - a bit odd.

The facility is old and dated, but it functions very well. I enjoyed the pool with the kids. I'm sure the couple that runs (and probably owns) the place are very nice and sweet people inside, but they were not very warm on the outside. A smile and a "welcome" will go a long way. Maybe they've been burned by a few characters that have come in before - idk.

The bed wasn't terribly comfortable and the shower head was low, but everything was clean & peaceful. There is a nice table with chairs in the suites and two sinks even without the kitchen. They were very gracious to allow some extra time for checkout to shower after the big race. the restaurant there seemed to be a real hit with the locals and travelers. IHOP and Safeway are right across the street and you're 5 minutes from downtown.

Hope that helps!

Room Tip: The two room suite was still cheaper than everything else in town.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sandhurst, Berks.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

On tour in this part of California, we had no room booked and decided to try the Hillside Inn on the basis of a guide book recommendation. We got the last room for the night (it was about 4pm on a Saturday). It was a very comfortable and large room. The decor was a bit tired but it was very good value. We would go o back if visiting the area again. Recommended.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I can see why this place has received high remarks. Yes, they are old school. What the heck is wrong with that every once in a while? I'm appreciating the fact that they hold people accountable for showing up to rooms. So, you have to show up by 4p otherwise they give the room away. You have to book by phone. Yes, they accept american express. All of their rooms have kitchenettes, with the exception of the suite: room 223. Unfortunately, that is my room. So, if you need a kitchen, you should probably be sure to specify the necessity of one. And, I mean NO KITCHEN. No fridge, no microwave, no stove. All the pictures online suggest that there are kitchenettes in ALL of the rooms. This just is not the case.
Moving on... it's a quaint motel in a great location (if you dont mind the highway traffic, which we don't)

Room Tip: Be specific. Check on their website for layouts. Remember rm 223 is not the same as the other 2 bed...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

A good value for money hotel. The owner I found to be helpful and friendly. All was clean and there was a small on site pool. The onsite restaurant was good, if a little expensive, serving breakfast and lunch only. Large portions and good quality. There is a chemist and supermarket very nearby which is useful. The only negative is that its quite a distance from the town centre, too far to walk if its hot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Girvan, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We only meant to stay a couple of nights but ended up staying four. This is a nice, very well run motel, easy to find and within walking distance of services and very good restaurants. Our room was a spacious comfortable apartment on the first floor with a small kitchen facility, spacious storage, a dining table, TV, alarm and air conditioning. There is an attractive swimming pool, ample shade from trees and the place is quiet enough to get a good night's sleep. The staff are well turned out, efficient and pleasant. I can recommend the Hillside Inn to anyone looking for somewhere modest to stay in the Santa Rosa area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a modest, well kept up independent motel that offers good value for the money. The rooms are fairly spacious, clean, and the bathroom has pool-size terry cloth towels. The shower is good, and the restaurant that shares the property offers hearty, though pricy breakfasts. In all, if you are looking for basics, modest pricing, and not concerned about frills (I.e.: flat screen TV) it's a good choice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hillside Inn? Share your experiences!