“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were quite pleasantly surprised by this motel. Because the reviews vary, we weren't sure what to expect. I travel a lot and have spent many nights in nice hotels. Our room was very large, clean, updated and a great bargain. In the pricy wine area; its a steal. We visited in the off season (November) and consider this motel to be a great bargain. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, which is a must when I travel. The beds/pillows were comfortable and I liked the fact that the decor wasn't the usual dull, spa beige everyone seems to like. The front desk staff were nice. Breakfast isn't included but the on-property cafe has nice choices for under $6.00.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor of the two-story building, away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Livonia, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place didn't look anything like the pictures online. It's a series of one story buildings where you park in front of your room. A more accurate description is motor lodge instead of a hotel.

Our room was tired but clean. The TV was big and blurry. The price was expensive for the amenities and didn't include breakfast. We had a reservation for three nights but one was enough for us.

I discovered a couple days later that I left a pair of shoes behind. They never contacted me and it took almost a week for me to connect with housekeeping and their shipping person to have them sent. That was over a week ago and they still haven't arrived (and they plan to charge me for shipping plus an extra $5). Not my idea of outstanding customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed just one night here, getting an early airporter out to SFO, but was really wishing my husband and kids could have joined me. It's a classic motel with carefully kept gardens and lawns, a couple of pools, large hedges separating it from whatever's next door, a spotless room, solid wifi connection and helpful staff. Visiting from abroad, I felt it was a classic piece of Americana - especially when I was directed to Willie Bird's turkey restaurant just down the road for dinner! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would absolutely go again.

Room Tip: My room's veranda doors opened a stone's throw from the heated pool - would have been perfec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Harper, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was driving around after dark and pulled into the hotel. Staff was wonderful, wifi. When i opened my cottage like room i was amazed. The room was like something you would find at a high end and more expensive hotel. Bonus!
And you get a city map and places to eat when you get your room.
It's truly a keeper for a sleeper!
Will go back next time i am in the area!
Jan Zenner
Harper TX

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
donadidit44, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am so glad to pulled into our hotel. We try to make our hotel
as up to date as possible. We like to make our guest feel welcome, where they will come
back and stay again. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, do not hesitate to
let us know. I love your comment about truly a keeper for a sleeper.
Helsingborg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Santa Rosa is a nice place in California especially if you are interested in beer. Here you can find the excellent brewery Russian River with many wonderful beers. Here you also have the opportunity to taste extremely well crafted beer from Moonlight Brewery in the neighborhood. Flavor Bistro on the main square is the place to visit for Moonlight beer. Then you need a hotel. We picked Garden Inn. OK, but not more. No breakfast included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Riverside, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for business purposes. While it's not in downtown Santa Rosa, it is a short drive away. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby to stock up on items such as water and fruit. I would stay here again. It is set up like a drive up motel, with your car parked directly in front of your room, which I thought was convenient. They allow pets, which is something you may need, although I did not need it. I think it's in a good location if you want to travel wine country without breaking the bank.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We just happened upon this hotel with no reservations and no plans except to find a place to stay for a night. We ended up staying four nights. We have stayed at a lot of hotels and we wanted to let you know that we would recommend that anyone going to the Santa Rosa area should stay at your hotel. The room was great - loved that vanity space, large closets and lots of mirrors! The room was quiet and dark so we slept well. We liked that the patio faced a garden area. If we are ever in your area again, we will surely stay at your Best Western Plus Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Garden Inn? Share your experiences!