“July 4th Weekend Escape” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Francisco, California
“July 4th Weekend Escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

A group of us had an enjoyable stay here recently for the July 4th holiday weekend. My husband and I stayed here before sometime ago during their renovation when they offered free breakfast because of the construction. This time, we had a total of 3 families with kids in our group. We all were impressed by the renovated rooms. I especially liked the modern sink and Paul Mitchell toiletries. Our room had a stylish contemporary design. The tub and shower also had nice tile work, although there were a couple of abrasions/scratches on our tub. We traveled to Russian River daily during our stay and slept comfortably each night upon our return. We definitely will stay here again. The only recommendation I would make is for them to open the Starbucks station in the lobby area earlier during the day/ morning instead of opening at 5pm.

Stayed July 2014
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Soulfultrvlr,

It was wonderful having your group stay with us. Thank you for returning with more folks! We too are super excited by our renovated rooms and look forward to even more improvements! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Russian River, just one of our many natural beauties. I value your comment regarding our Proudly Brew Starbucks which is available 24 hours and we are working toward having our staff cross trained to add that sense of confidence in the offering. Maybe when you return you will bring six families! Thank you and please contact me any time I may be of service,

-Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brentwood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We're Marriott reward members so were looking for a place to stay after spending the day at the Coppola Winery at which we had rented "cabines" for the day. We enjoyed our short stay here which was just over night. This location also was convenient to drive down to the Graton Casino for some gambling or really leaving a deposit for a future return.
The room setups are not very good for a family of four plus 3 additional adults as the choices are two double beds or a king in one room. There is a larger room with a King bed and a sofa bed. We requested three rooms where two were kings and one with two double beds asking that one set be adjoining as we had little grandkids who needed to be babysat while most adults went to the casino. They accomondated us nicely but the King was the smaller one without a sofa bed. As platinum reward members, it would have been nice to be upgraded to the larger King but we were not sure they had adjoining rooms with the larger King rooms. In any case, the rooms are nice but nothing above what we have become accustomed to with the Marriott chains. I don't like having to turn on the mini-fridge but that was what I had to do for our King room. I'm sure they are trying to conserve electricity, but there are no instructions saying what is going on and how to turn the fridge on. Two rooms had showers and no baths but we did luck out with the adjoining King which had a bath tub which the grandkids prefer

The location of the hotel is pretty good as it's at the cross roads of Highway 12 and 101. Of course this then can be confusing as to how to get back on the freeway so be sure you know which highway you want and what direction you want to drive. There is not much around the hotel but it is within a couple of blocks to the large "Plaza" shopping mall which has a food court where you can get some cheap meals if you're so inclined along with Macy's, Sears and other mall stores. Being Santa Rosa, snoopy is close by but we didn't have time to go visit the museum.

The staff was friendly and we had no issues so our stay was pleasant. The Starbucks was nice to have in the hotel and made it easy to grab a quick bite before heading over to Howarth Memorial park where the grandkids enjoyed the rides and animals there. We enjoyed our stay but are not fans of double beds as that forces us to get a 3rd room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Pudgie,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa. We love our Marriott Reward members! It is always reassuring to know our staff is doing especially well and your assessment of our room set-up is right on. We did recently put refrigerators in all of our rooms and typically they are turned on. I am sorry yours was off. I'm glad you liked our location and I am not sure if you had the opportunity to explore Historic Railroad Square right across the street from us. There are fifteen restaurants and shop including the California Welcome Center within a short walk. Perhaps next time.

Again, thank you for your business and kind words. Please contact me any time I may be of service.

Best regards,
Wildwood, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We were in Sonoma to visit the wineries last week. The staff were indeed very pleasant and made us feel at home. It is in a great location with easy access to both Sonoma and Napa Valley. Rooms are clean and updated. Having Starbucks as an option for morning coffee is indeed a benefit but it would be nice if they made it a little more reasonable for a morning cup of Joe. Thanks for making our stay so comfortable

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Momkram,

Thank you for choosing our hotel with all of your choices in the Wine Country. It is always reassuring to learn our staff is doing especially well. Please visit the Courtyard Santa Rosa again the next time you are in the area.

Tampa Bay, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was scheduled to work in Santa Rosa for a few days, and local co-workers had recommended this hotel. I was glad I stayed here.

When checking in, I was made to feel very welcome. However, for the next 3 days, as I would come and go in the afternoon and evenings, the staff would greet me by name, chat with me, ask how the day was going, etc. It didn’t seem like they were following “Employee Manual, page 6, line 5—Make Guests Feel Welcome,” but rather, they were enjoying their jobs and took a genuine interest in their guests. A nice touch.

At the time of my stay, the hotel was being remodeled. My room had been redone, and was spotless and in excellent shape. The breakfast buffet costs extra, and I did not try it.

This hotel costs a bit more than others in the area, but if you want good, personal service, then this should be your first choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear DVD77,

You are indeed a rock star and we are your greatest fans! Thank you for staying with us and the kind review! I am happy to hear you like our renovated rooms too. Please visit us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This Courtyard has just been refurbished and the room as wonderful. Relaxing grays, the beds, pillows and linens are perfect for a good rest. There is a cafe for breakfast with is not included. The staff are very helpful, infact joyful. We both agreed we would stay again. Oh the room have very quiet aircon! You can go to the Coutyard side to see photos of the new room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear L_A_GuyLosAngeles,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your good impressions of the Courtyard Santa Rosa! It is reassuring to learn you like our new design and amenities - not to mention our joyful staff. Please visit us again soon.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard recently and was happy with the updates made to this hotel. The rooms were very nice and have been upgraded to another level (not the usual Courtyard). The rooms were somewhat like the Springhill Suites by Marriott. I was impressed by the curved couch which was quite comfortable and the bathroom was really nice. There was no tub in the bathroom, but a spacious shower with glass doors. Beds were comfortable and sheets were clean and fresh. Parking can be a challenge in the evening and the dining area can be a bit warm with the morning sun. Overall, a perfect location when in the area especially if you need to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Julie H,

It's great to hear you like our location and our new look! Thank you for staying with the Courtyard Santa Rosa and the high marks you gave us. Since our renovation on the rooms is finished, we are just waiting on all the storage containers to be picked up. We typically have ample free parking. Also, we are planning on expanding our restaurant seating so that too will be addressed. Again, we value your business. Please contact me any time I may be of service.

Raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you are planning on visiting different wine valleys - Napa, Sonoma, Russian River, etc. this hotel is conveniently located. It is right off 101 and has a cute little downtown. We experienced a quick, friendly check-in. We were placed in one of their renovated rooms. It was spacious as far as mid-level hotels go, but the bathroom, shower, sink, and closet are very tiny. I like the sliding door separating the sleeping area from the bathroom area - nice for early risers. The shower pressure is weak. The bed is very comfortable. There is an outdoor pool which we did not have an opportunity to use but looked clean and well maintained. There is a bistro in the hotel with the standard Courtyard breakfast items, sandwiches, and Starbucks offerings. The employees at the bistro are very helpful,and efficient. It is my second time staying here and I would return again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Jeana P,

Thank you for the nice review and for staying at the Courtyard Santa Rosa! I am glad you found our location convenient and our staff friendly. We too are excited about our newly renovated rooms. We generally have good water pressure so if you have a moment to share your room number with me, we will have that checked. I'd like to say the glass barn door separating the guest room from the vanity area was my idea - so I am happy you like it. I look forward to sharing your compliment to our Bistro Staff with them and to your return.

-Max

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!