We stayed at the Hyatt Garden Inn two years earlier for the same bi-annual music festival so we decided to try the Courtyard just across the street next time we were here. As it turned out, the Garden Inn was still a better choice even though we stayed in one of their premium suites (1 of 4 suites in the hotel). The Courtyard rooms have dedicated heater/AC units with a wireless remote control on the wall. Apart from the wireless remote on the wall, these are the same units you'd find in a Motel 8 or other budget inn for under half the price. Our wireless control broke twice and the 2nd time we didn't bother to get it fixed it would only break down again. As such, the comfort and noise levels at night were very poor. Though built-in fridges / microwaves are noted, only some rooms have these. If you are lucky, you can ask room service to bring these into your room but of course these are out of place since these are not built-in.
The food service options are terrible, something I'm not used to. The little "bistro" on the ground floor is a joke with the (upscale) hot food options they serve during their limited hours or you can buy a number of frozen entrees (if you have a microwave!) or locally prepared fresh sandwiches for +$6-$8. You even have to buy your own microwave popcorn, no free snack even for the first night.
Room service was the primary positive. Whether trucking in the microwave or fridge or fixing the wireless AC control twice, all staff were wanting to please however they could.
In the end, we found that walking across the street to our music venue was a hazard and it would have been best if we stayed at the Garden Inn for the 3 days. Parts of the sidewalks were in disrepair and my wife tripped over a lifted corner of concrete from the sidewalk that should have been fixed or fenced off for safety.
Next time we up here, we'll look into one of the bed and breakfast inns.
Watch out parking in the shade and under some of the tallest trees (out in front). The leaves and sap dripping on your car below could be costly ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Santa Rosa has 138 guest rooms including 12 larger king bedded rooms. All nonsmoking and offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and banquet space. Guests enjoy the outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, fitness center and business center. The modern lobby features a GoBoard 55" touchscreen virtual concierge. The Bistro serves breakfast, dinner, full bar and proudly brews Starbucks 24 hours. Offering free parking, this downtown location is only one block from highways 101 and 12 located in Historic Railroad Square with fifteen restaurants and specialty shops, a mall and downtown Santa Rosa is only a short walk away. "It's a New Stay!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Santa Rosa Hotel Santa Rosa
- Courtyard Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Marriott
- Santa Rosa Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Santa Rosa CA - Sonoma County