I spent 5 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott in Santa Rosa while I was in town for business. In some respects it seems to be away for it all but it was still close to the courthouse square and the old railroad station.
When I walked in, I notice that the cooperate direction looks like “hip modern” at least in the lobby area. Big screen touch TV, not a coffee shop or a restaurant but a Bistro and three lecterns were you check in at. (You will have to excuse me here, and this might be old news, but I have not stayed in many Courtyards’ in the last few years.)
Now for the important stuff, the room was clean. The sink for the bathroom was outside in the room. There was a small refrigerator hiding in the dresser/desk (it was all one unit). Flat screen LG television (with “56 channels and nothings on” cable, a Marriott or their website said they had pay-per-view movies but no, just cable). The beds seemed a bit soft to me but I was able to sleep and there was a nice touch with electric outlets on the wall near the bed so I could charge my phone and not have to walk across the room when it rang early in the mornings. Another nice touch was a rolling table which was the right height to work from with the desk chair that was in the room. I have one minor gripe about the room, WI-FI only. It was strong but I prefer a hard wire connection for my computer.
Small minus at least for me, I need a little something in the morning and I have gotten used to having some sort of breakfast offered free in the morning, even if it is bread for toast and coffee. Well here, you have to buy breakfast at the Bistro. That would be OK except the Bistro seemed not to be up and going at 6 AM in the morning (I had to report on site where I was working by 7). I did find the free coffee that have in the morning (looking at the elevators, there is a hall to your left, turn down that hall and in a small indentation in the wall where payphones might have been at one time, was two coffee carafes and cups).
Would I stay here again when in the area? Most likely yes since it seemed to be a good deal for the location I was in.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Santa Rosa Hotel Santa Rosa
- Courtyard By Marriott Santa Rosa Hotel
- Courtyard Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Marriott
- Santa Rosa Courtyard
- Courtyard By Marriott Santa Rosa CA - Sonoma County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Santa Rosa has 138 guest rooms including 12 larger king bedded rooms. All nonsmoking and offers free Wi-Fi in all rooms and banquet space. Guests enjoy the outdoor heated pool and whirlpool, fitness center and business center. The modern lobby features a GoBoard 55" touchscreen virtual concierge. The Bistro serves breakfast, dinner, full bar and proudly brews Starbucks 24 hours. Offering free parking, this downtown location is only one block from highways 101 and 12 located in Historic Railroad Square with fifteen restaurants and specialty shops, a mall and downtown Santa Rosa is only a short walk away. "It's a New Stay!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.