“Same old, is same and now very old.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Same old, is same and now very old.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have been on the road since before the term 'Road Warrior' was invented. I have not stayed in a Courtyard in maybe two years. And they always were consistent and a upgrade from their competition. However, now that has changed and while they have stayed consistently the same others have passed them by.

Have started to stay in Hilton Gardens over the past few years because of the their locations happened to be better to my newer customers that Ctyd and the differences are quite apparent now that i have been to this Courtyard.

The only two nice things I can say was that check in was friendly and they certainly have updated the lobby look and feel both for the better.

However, they have completely neglected the rooms and left them unchanged.

The sink being outside the bath is old, the rounded shower curtain is old, and the mattress in my room is like a ski slope, it slides to the left. The amenities are unattractively packaged and minuscule, they look great for babies maybe.

And the towels are the thinnest, lightest weight, towels I have ever seen and not worthy of a one star property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bart85
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Bart85,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide your feedback. It is reassuring to know you found our staff friendly and the lobby refreshed. I too regret our rooms are still 2007 and you will be happy to know we plan to accomplish the rooms renovation this year. I hope you will consider us again so we may show you how competative we are in the industry.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Marriott Courtyard, as part of the Marriott chain, is predictable, and if you are a frequent business traveler, this is wonderful. A comfortable bed with clean rooms. My complaint about the Courtyard is the noisy room heaters/air conditioners which cycle throughout the night. Plus, they always seem to be located in front of the desk, so if you are working, it blows either hot or cold air on you. This Courtyard has a bistro, which is convenient for breakfast. The great thing about this Courtyard though is that it is walking distance (2 blocks) to downtown Santa Rosa, which is populated with great restaurants and unique shopping. I always look forward to coming to Santa Rosa in the Sonoma Valley and staying at the Marriott Courtyard for their great location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear GardeningFiend,

Thank you for staying and writing about your experience. Yes - Courtyard prides itself on consistency and I am glad you found it so. And, we are in the processs of replacing some of the older HVAC units. I am sorry the cycling disturbed you. We do have a great location and we look forward to your return.

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have always liked Courtyards, but this was my first time staying in one that had the new Bistro. We arrived very late and we were tired and hungry. I was very resistant to the Bistro for a quick dinner, but I was even more exhausted having driven in from Crescent City and a day of the PCH and the Redwoods. We did not want to leave and search for food, so we took the risk, and I honestly have to say I was expecting the worst. Big surprise! Delicious food. My husband had a large salad and it was monstrous and very fresh. I ordered the tunafish salad sandwich on whole wheat toast. I must say it was the freshest, tastiest tunafish salad I have ever had! I am a tunafish afficionado so I know of what I speak. A little hint of lemon, celery and not too much mayo. When I ordered I asked if it was fresh and she told me that it had been made that morning. It just hit the spot and we were able to relax in our room, watch some t.v and enjoy the meal. The young woman, who was very friendly and eager to please, prepared it all right there in front of us, nicely done. As far as the hotel, it was very convenient to the 101, easy to find and the town has a cute historical district. If we weren't moving on early the next day I would have enjoyed exploring it. The front desk women were very welcoming and helpful, they printed out directions to some restaurants for us before we decided to stay in. The room was clean and large with a loveseat across from the bed.

Room Tip: I don't usually pay attention to this but the front desk agent asked me if I wanted to be close...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Luckysurfergirl and tunafish afficionado,

Thank you so much for the delightful review you gave to us on TripAdvisor! It is reassuring to know you enjoyed the food in The Bistro. I was excited to share your comments with the staff. I hope you will visit us again soon and contact me any time I may be of service.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel excels in customer service. The staff are wonderful but the rooms are just so-so. The Bistro had decent food but certainly not gourmet. I would stay here again with the understanding that it really is basic. I did appreciate the items sold in The Market were appropriatly priced. This is a good home base for day trips.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Babete
Merida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love staying in courtyard when I travel for Bussines in the USA, they all are the same wich for me is great because I already now what i am gona get and I like what I get

The hotel is a little bit more expensive that other chain but its worth it trust me

Rooms are big and very clean, the staff is super friendly and very young people in most of them, food is not wow but is good enough for a Bussines trip and location is Farley good

Over all I love Marriot courtyards

Room Tip: Ask for the 5 Floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gferraez
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I typically stay at this hotel 5 or more times per year for business. There are a few things I appreciate about this hotel, which is why I keep coming back. This is an affordable property (usually), I am able to use Marriott points here, it's close to the mall and some good restaurants, and they have Starbucks coffee in house. I have also hosted a conference here and been pleased with the staff. In the summer the outdoor pool and hot tub are a great addition, particularly if I have to bring my kids with me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank astromberg
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The gentleman that checked me in joke that our room would be near the elevator and noisy (exactly what I didn't want so that was his idea of funny). I asked him about a cab to the airport and he had no idea what the charge would be. Wouldn't that be nice to know since they don't offer a shuttle? I asked for directions to a restaurant nearby which he made fun of my pronunciation. We went over to the "bistro" to see what was available and were told we did not get breakfast with our stay when inquiring what rme they started serving. The room itself was nothing to write about. They serve fake Starbucks in the morning and the service was no better than the night before. Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank tougo
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to express your displeasure. It is comments such as yours that help us to continually improve. Sarcasm and poor information is not the type of service we wish to provide and is not typical of the associate you encountered. I assure you that your comments are being used for training purposes and our Starbucks is a real Proudly Brew Starbucks. I hope that you will consider us for a future trouble free stay.

Max