“As always courtyard put out” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Merida
“As always courtyard put out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I love staying in courtyard when I travel for Bussines in the USA, they all are the same wich for me is great because I already now what i am gona get and I like what I get

The hotel is a little bit more expensive that other chain but its worth it trust me

Rooms are big and very clean, the staff is super friendly and very young people in most of them, food is not wow but is good enough for a Bussines trip and location is Farley good

Over all I love Marriot courtyards

Room Tip: Ask for the 5 Floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I typically stay at this hotel 5 or more times per year for business. There are a few things I appreciate about this hotel, which is why I keep coming back. This is an affordable property (usually), I am able to use Marriott points here, it's close to the mall and some good restaurants, and they have Starbucks coffee in house. I have also hosted a conference here and been pleased with the staff. In the summer the outdoor pool and hot tub are a great addition, particularly if I have to bring my kids with me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Portland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

The gentleman that checked me in joke that our room would be near the elevator and noisy (exactly what I didn't want so that was his idea of funny). I asked him about a cab to the airport and he had no idea what the charge would be. Wouldn't that be nice to know since they don't offer a shuttle? I asked for directions to a restaurant nearby which he made fun of my pronunciation. We went over to the "bistro" to see what was available and were told we did not get breakfast with our stay when inquiring what rme they started serving. The room itself was nothing to write about. They serve fake Starbucks in the morning and the service was no better than the night before. Very disappointing stay.

• Stayed November 2012
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to express your displeasure. It is comments such as yours that help us to continually improve. Sarcasm and poor information is not the type of service we wish to provide and is not typical of the associate you encountered. I assure you that your comments are being used for training purposes and our Starbucks is a real Proudly Brew Starbucks. I hope that you will consider us for a future trouble free stay.

Max
palo alto, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Santa Rosa is going upscale and the hotel prices are reflective of it. Courtyard is, in my opinion, pricey compared with what you get. There is no small fridge in the room for example. The sink is outside the bathroom with no room to lay out toiletries. The pool is small, and the fitness facility just adequate with 4 cardio machines and a free weight room. There is no complimentary breakfast and the "bar" area serves as the breakfast area in the morning.

On the plus side, you can walk to a number of shops and Railroad Square. The staff is friendly and greets you when you leave or arrive. Computers are available (two) with printers at no additional charge. The room I stayed in had a sitting area, which is nice if you have guests.

Taxes are pretty surprising. There's a room tax, a city tax, and a use tax of some kind that added over $20 per day to the posted daily rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the entry side; it will be quieter. On the plus side if you lik...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a couple's weekend. The service was quite friendly and helpful. I really like the updated modern lobby with the mini-mart and Starbucks stand. I was a little puzzled when none of the early morning Sunday football games were showing in the lobby, even I saw NFL flags and signs around the lobby. Not a big deal though, we walked to Russian River to watch the games and drink their beers (this was the main purpose of our weekend!) The pool and hot tub area was well kept.

The overall room and bed were comfortable. Good toiletries, always a plus in my book. Nice flat-screen TV. The main complaint I had was the very loud, intoxicated, and um, "amorous" couple next door to us that were incredibly noisy from midnight to about 3am. The walls were PAPER thin! It also didn't help that the thin adjoining doors were directly in front of our bed, so we could hear everything. We tried to knock on the couple's door, as a hint to keep it down, but they did not seem to hear or care, and again, one could tell that they were intoxicated. We did not feel comfortable calling the front desk, for our neighbors sounded like they were on a marathon session and did not care what anyone would say or do. Thank goodness the couple checked out on Sunday and that we did not have to hear them again on our last night.

Despite the paper-thin walls, I would probably stay here again based on price, location, and general quality of this hotel. We usually stay at the Hyatt across the street for our Santa Rosa weekends, but due to their limited availability and high prices, we decided to stay at the Courtyard this time around. I don't regret our decision, but I will check the Hyatt again first before considering the Courtyard.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room that has an adjoining door if you do not know your neighbors!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott in Santa Rosa is a great place to stay.
It was no problem to drive less than an hour to the Napa Valley and
other points of interest, plus all the Sonoma Valley vineyards are
easily accessible.
There were many good restaurants within walking distance and the
hotel restaurant was also very good.
By leaving the hotel after 10 and coming back later in the day, I
managed to avoid any work traffic. It was a very pleasant 8 day stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Missoula
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Pretty standard Courtyard. Could be great with just a little more updating in the guest rooms. Location is great and within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops. Beds are comfy and rooms are a good size. The service is exceptional. Truly helpful and proactive staff.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Santa Rosa? Share your experiences!