“Would stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in Santa Rosa
Bath
“Would stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very helpful, accommodating reception and staff in general. Room was clean. Full sized fridge / freezer, kitchen sink, microwave and two stove top burners were great for meals. They offer little packets of dishwashing soap at check-in -- however there's no sponge/dish cloth for that sort of activity. It's not a ritzy neighborhood -- is near to strip of car sales dealerships. But I didn't see any unsavory characters. Fairly quiet. Biggest hassle was the lack of any smoking section, which you'll like if you're a smoker. Sure, inside my room was nonsmoking, but the outdoor hall outside my room, the stairs, in front of the office, basically anywhere I needed to walk, was not.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that while you stayed with us, you had a comfortable room, which was fresh and clean, and that all our staff were able to accommodate you with your needs. Please accept our apologies for all of the smoke you had to smell, even though it was outdoors, I can understand how frustrating it can be, please know that we will take your comments, and work on improving in this area.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Summerfield, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our four night stay was wonderful. Staff was polite and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast offered no protien, but the coffee was hot, strong and delicious, and there was fruit and several starch offerings. Very filling. The price was great. We highly recommend the motel, and if this is typical, the chain.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Gary - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear that our staff provided you with great service and that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room. As well, I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast overall, and will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make updates to it in the future.

Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

found a bug in the bed,

All the furniture was in bad condition with the exception of a new flat screen. Electrical outlets are falling into the wall (more than one of them). The room was very dirty and just felt really sticky. The wife tried to convince me to sleep in the car instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, I will be coaching my team to be more diligent in cleaning and inspecting the room before check-in. Still, I am pleased to see that our location was suited to your needs.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at srs@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I should first mention that I stayed here 3 years ago. My boyfriend and I traveled the country and fell in love with Sonoma County, CA. We decided to return and stayed for 6 months, all at the extended stay. The location is perfect, right off of 101. I have read reviews that said the area wasn't too great and I could understand where people might see that, but with the highway being right there.. Just don't venture to a shady looking block.. Maybe I'm just used to it being from NJ. I never felt unsafe. There were a lot of other ppl staying long term, and they became friends. My golden retriever was able to stay with us! I would give anything to be back there right now!!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am thrilled that you and your boyfriend enjoyed our hotel's location and our property overall. As well, it is great to know that you made friends with other guests and really liked that we are pet-friendly. We hope you enjoyed your time in Sonoma County!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon in the very near future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Being on business in Sonoma County at the height of the wine country tourist season could have been a budgetary disaster, but this place saved me a fortune over the course of a month long stay. Yes, the majority of the guests are working people and there is nothing fancy about the location, but the studios are clean and comfortable: a full kitchen, great water temp and pressure, working air conditioner and a good quality mattress. There is large, bright laundry room right just a few doors down from the office. The staff is friendly, helpful, very professional, and (for nice peace of mind) they are there 24/7. As a woman travelling alone, I had no serious concerns during my stay and already have a studio booked for my next business trip to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay at our hotel. I am also glad that our staff served you with friendly attitudes and were very helpful. Our aim is to provide each guest with a safe and clean environment, while they are away from home.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's the cheapest hotel and the appearance and quality is excellent. The room was clean and well furnished. We stayed here while searching for apartments and we ended up staying much longer than expected but they made sure we had our room reserved for as long as we needed it. The front desk staff is all very friendly and nice. We will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side get great sun and great view of sunsets
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Loren - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your search for apartments in the area. It is our goal to provide our guests with an excellent quality of service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel appears nice and clean when u pull up. All rooms are accessed from outside. Anytime I needed the front desk I had to use a call box to the person on duty to come to the lobby. I stayed on the second floor, there were four 40 gallon trash cans over flowing when we showed up and when we left. The welcome mat to my room had a huge ball of blonde hair on it complete with its own bobby pin. There was a contact lens chillin on the shower surround. I saw an ant in the kitchen that night, not a big deal. In the morning our bag of snacks we have was full of ants. Just now as I'm finishing this review I notice the beds aren't made the same. On has a wool blanket and the other just has a sheet and comforter. Oh yeah, breakfast was coffee, tea, muffin, gronola bar, apple, orange, and instant oatmeal that you have to take back to your room and eat.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff and will be re-training them on our cleaning standards as well as procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that you did not enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. As we continue to improve this feature, we will definitely keep your remarks in mind.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at srs@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South? Share your experiences!