“A very dirty run down hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Edmonton, Alberta
“A very dirty run down hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

found a bug in the bed,

All the furniture was in bad condition with the exception of a new flat screen. Electrical outlets are falling into the wall (more than one of them). The room was very dirty and just felt really sticky. The wife tried to convince me to sleep in the car instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, I will be coaching my team to be more diligent in cleaning and inspecting the room before check-in. Still, I am pleased to see that our location was suited to your needs.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at srs@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I should first mention that I stayed here 3 years ago. My boyfriend and I traveled the country and fell in love with Sonoma County, CA. We decided to return and stayed for 6 months, all at the extended stay. The location is perfect, right off of 101. I have read reviews that said the area wasn't too great and I could understand where people might see that, but with the highway being right there.. Just don't venture to a shady looking block.. Maybe I'm just used to it being from NJ. I never felt unsafe. There were a lot of other ppl staying long term, and they became friends. My golden retriever was able to stay with us! I would give anything to be back there right now!!

• Stayed September 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am thrilled that you and your boyfriend enjoyed our hotel's location and our property overall. As well, it is great to know that you made friends with other guests and really liked that we are pet-friendly. We hope you enjoyed your time in Sonoma County!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon in the very near future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Being on business in Sonoma County at the height of the wine country tourist season could have been a budgetary disaster, but this place saved me a fortune over the course of a month long stay. Yes, the majority of the guests are working people and there is nothing fancy about the location, but the studios are clean and comfortable: a full kitchen, great water temp and pressure, working air conditioner and a good quality mattress. There is large, bright laundry room right just a few doors down from the office. The staff is friendly, helpful, very professional, and (for nice peace of mind) they are there 24/7. As a woman travelling alone, I had no serious concerns during my stay and already have a studio booked for my next business trip to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay at our hotel. I am also glad that our staff served you with friendly attitudes and were very helpful. Our aim is to provide each guest with a safe and clean environment, while they are away from home.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

It's the cheapest hotel and the appearance and quality is excellent. The room was clean and well furnished. We stayed here while searching for apartments and we ended up staying much longer than expected but they made sure we had our room reserved for as long as we needed it. The front desk staff is all very friendly and nice. We will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side get great sun and great view of sunsets
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Loren - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your search for apartments in the area. It is our goal to provide our guests with an excellent quality of service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel appears nice and clean when u pull up. All rooms are accessed from outside. Anytime I needed the front desk I had to use a call box to the person on duty to come to the lobby. I stayed on the second floor, there were four 40 gallon trash cans over flowing when we showed up and when we left. The welcome mat to my room had a huge ball of blonde hair on it complete with its own bobby pin. There was a contact lens chillin on the shower surround. I saw an ant in the kitchen that night, not a big deal. In the morning our bag of snacks we have was full of ants. Just now as I'm finishing this review I notice the beds aren't made the same. On has a wool blanket and the other just has a sheet and comforter. Oh yeah, breakfast was coffee, tea, muffin, gronola bar, apple, orange, and instant oatmeal that you have to take back to your room and eat.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff and will be re-training them on our cleaning standards as well as procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that you did not enjoy our grab-and-go breakfast. As we continue to improve this feature, we will definitely keep your remarks in mind.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please contact me, at srs@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Santa Rosa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was absolutely the worst experience at a motel I have ever had. I was there 1 1/2 months unfortunately and only got 3 nights sleep the whole time. Cops showing up all the time arresting people in front of my room. There was an article in the local paper about prostitution going on there (and I saw it too). One of the men arrested had a loaded gun and methamphetamines for sale. I had so many problems at this motel, I can't even begin to list them and the manager just tried to put me off. They tried to charge me for calls I made to "Corporate Extended Stay" to complain about the issues (even though reps at the 800 customer service number told me to call that number). I had to threaten to call the BBB to resolve the issues and am still working on getting billing issues resolved. Internet went down several days. Lobby is often left unattended, kitchen items are missing and cheap, people smoke and make noise right in front of your room and the noise and smoke permeates the room. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Do not stay here - there are no good rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear about your experience while staying with us.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am taking the appropriate action to be able to give each guest a safe environment during their stay, I will also be re-training with my staff so that they may provide the best customer care to all of our guests.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This room was so dirty. I dont think the floor had ever been vacuumed. The microwave was pure rust inside. I woke up to a big black bug on my pillow and than saw it had bitten my face. Could not get air to work. It was in the 90's and my room was very hot. I tried to speak with the manager but was told she was "really busy doing paper work and didnt have time"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Lisa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that your room was not clean, and that the air conditioning did not work during your stay. I am sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be placing for emphasis on training our housekeeping and maintenance staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. I also would like to apologize that I was not able to speak to you the morning that you checked out, and want to assure you that my guests are my priority.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at srs@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South? Share your experiences!